Options

Keep Galleries Search Results Separate

BDJBDJ Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited October 31, 2016 in SmugMug Support
I have a number of photo galleries, one for each country I visit. Often, people accompanying me appear in more than one gallery. Person names are my keywords.

If I search using the keyword cloud, the results for a person are not in gallery order but are mixed.

Is there a way of getting the results separated by gallery?

Brian Jones
UK

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited October 25, 2016
    BDJ wrote: »
    I have a number of photo galleries, one for each country I visit. Often, people accompanying me appear in more than one gallery. Person names are my keywords.

If I search using the keyword cloud, the results for a person are not in gallery order but are mixed.

Is there a way of getting the results separated by gallery?
    If you're using a keyword cloud you can edit the characteristics to limit the keywords to the current location. That would assume that you drag a keyword cloud into the gallery.

If you're using the full keyword page (http://yoursiteurl/keyword) I don't believe there is a way to limit the scope of the keywords.

It is possible to limit searches to the current location by placing a search box on the page / gallery and specifying the scope of the search.

For example, if you add a search box to All Galleries (or to a specific gallery), you can edit the characteristics of the search to limit the scope of the search to the current location.

--- Denise
  • Options
    BDJBDJ Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2016
    Thanks, Denise. It's kind of you to think about this.

I guess SmugMug orders my Search results using a file characteristic which I haven't identified. I think it will be easier for users if I stick with what I've got.

Ordering by gallery could be a feature worth adding, though.

Brian
    If you're using a keyword cloud you can edit the characteristics to limit the keywords to the current location. That would assume that you drag a keyword cloud into the gallery.

If you're using the full keyword page (http://yoursiteurl/keyword) I don't believe there is a way to limit the scope of the keywords.

It is possible to limit searches to the current location by placing a search box on the page / gallery and specifying the scope of the search.

For example, if you add a search box to All Galleries (or to a specific gallery), you can edit the characteristics of the search to limit the scope of the search to the current location.

--- Denise