Poughkeepsie Ny e-session

smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited June 20, 2011 in Weddings
ETA: a few photos from the wedding at the end.

It's been a while since I posted, and I'd love some c & c on these. Always wanted to do and e-session at this location ( a train station steps away from the Hudson River), and it finally happened with this gorgeous, magnetic couple.

1.i-tPPg56t-M.jpg

i-mZh7Q2j-M.jpg

5, 6

i-Z5LpJPw-L.jpg

i-ccBnNJS-L.jpg

i-jG3MrvR-L.jpg

i-cptJ8GN-M.jpg

i-r4wczD3-L.jpg
i-tPPg56t-M.jpg

Comments

• Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    Like seeing stuff close to home on here!
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    1,10,11 and 12 are my favorites. Well done! Not liking the green top she is wearing. Nothing you could do about that.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    I spent last summer at the Bard Festival, so I know exactly where that is :D

2,3,4,5 and 9 for me, but those are picks from a strong set. Nice job!!
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    Nice set. My favorite is 6. You have captured that, "it's all about her," feeling in this one.

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2011
    Pretty set!!! clap.gif And I really love your b&w in #1 iloveyou.gif
  • smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    Thank you, everyone, for the kind words. I really liked all of the posted photos, so was kind of hoping someone like Patrick or Matt S. would really rip them up with a detailed critique, since I've learned so much from those type of posts. But guess no criticism is a good thing....If anyone has any, bring it on!

Here's one more from the session; just processed it last night.
    i-ZcNkV4x-L.jpg
  • dswfotodswfoto Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2011
    Great photos ESPECIALLY that last one in the station. That is so powerful..

Since you asked for critique (Smile), I went back and looked through them all. The only thing I don't like (And it's a preference thing) is 2,3,4 seem overexposed to me. I am not the biggest fan of blown out skies... Again, just looking for something to critique.

And I guess another thing, and it's more of a philosophical issue than a photographic, is your watermark. I prefer more subtle watermarks, and in that case, show a log instead of a domain name. Again, philosophical. Pictures are FANTASTIC. Great subjects and great work!
    edited June 14, 2011
    Appreciate the feedback, dswfoto. I did lighten up 2,3 and 4 in lightroom, though they had been exposed correctly in camera. Guess I've finally adopted the brighter-than-reality style that is pretty popular now. I should have saved the sky and just used fill; will be more careful next time with that type of image.

Agreed on the the watermark being obnoxious, and it's definitely not a stylistic choice. But having had work stolen and used on line recently, I feel that a web site watermark , for me anyway, is a necessary evil. A logo would look better than a web address, but is harder to track to it's owner when images fall into the wrong hands.
  • Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2011
    I like the connection between the two of them and how you've captured that. When is the wedding?

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

edited June 16, 2011
    Mark1616 wrote: »
    I like the connection between the two of them and how you've captured that. When is the wedding?

Thanks! They are really adorable together. I did very little direction at this session; just started them in certain positions or poses and let chemistry take over.

The wedding is in October, and it's exciting because it will be my first Connecticut wedding in a very long time, and will be just a few miles from where I grew up. The bride is from my hometown area, but it's the groom that contacted me about the wedding after I'd done one of his friend's weddings last year. Small world!
    edited June 20, 2011
    spellid wrote: »
    I like #12 very much. Colors are great!

Thats just Divine painting going on; and I can't take any credit for those colors. It was a
    SOOC jpeg from a Fuji S5 pro, which tends to get it's colors spot on.
  • littlebayzombielittlebayzombie Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Threads like this make me wish dgrin had a thread rating feature. Yum!
    ♥ Jenifer
    I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building. - Charles M. Schulz