Night Shots

ScraffScraff Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited June 18, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
I just bought a remote for my Rebel XTi and I wanted to try a few night shots. Please give me some feedback...I liked how the moon was behind the cloud on the first....the second...I thought the light was pretty neat looking reflecting off a solar light in my garden.
Thanks...Scott

Comments

• ScraffScraff Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    ...second shot..
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    I like the light of the first shot but think it needs some cropping. Definetly crop some of the left side past the star and the clouds where nothing is going on. Maybe a little off the top too.

Second shot need to adjust your white balance to eliminate the orange glow. As you take more night shots you will see how adjusting the shutter speed and white balance are keys to getting a good shot.

Try some night architecture as well. Bridges- buildings- etc.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    Looks like you have a good start!
  • ScraffScraff Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I like the light of the first shot but think it needs some cropping. Definetly crop some of the left side past the star and the clouds where nothing is going on. Maybe a little off the top too.

Second shot need to adjust your white balance to eliminate the orange glow. As you take more night shots you will see how adjusting the shutter speed and white balance are keys to getting a good shot.

Try some night architecture as well. Bridges- buildings- etc.

Thanks for the feedback....but I am not sure if I understand the orange glow...the lights are amber lights so all the color and glow is orange.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    Scraff wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback....but I am not sure if I understand the orange glow...the lights are amber lights so all the color and glow is orange.

Well that definitly makes it harder to eliminate the orange then doesn't it. :D

I try to avoid the amber/ orange lights when doing any night shots.

Example 1

Example 2
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    Great start !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery