Love the expressions!

Thanks T.

_GA13874.jpg
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2014
    I wouldn't have thought any Fuji camera would be useful for sports, but it looks like it did well, assuming these aren't just a few lucky shots out of several hundred. What do you think of the performance of the autofocus? Were you tracking the player in #4 or did you just get lucky with single shot AF?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    I wouldn't have thought any Fuji camera would be useful for sports, but it looks like it did well, assuming these aren't just a few lucky shots out of several hundred. What do you think of the performance of the autofocus? Were you tracking the player in #4 or did you just get lucky with single shot AF?

If you focus on a moving subject, the camera won't track (except something like face detection and the people are walking). But if you keep the subject in the focus recticle/box the camera will continuously focus. These are not flukes. I have tons of multiple sequence shots in focus. The EVF is problematic at 8FPS, it won't refresh quickly enough to keep up. There is a learning curve for action. Granted, the XT1 isn't as good at action AF as my 1Ds. With the XT1 I work harder for less keepers, but the XT1 costs 5x less and weights 10x less. The more I shoot the easier and more keepers I'm getting.

_GA14919-XL.jpg

_GA14920-XL.jpg

_GA14921-XL.jpg

_GA14922-X2.jpg

_GA14923.jpg

_GA14924.jpg

_GA14926.jpg

_GA14927.jpg

Gary
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    Hmm, better than I would have expected, although the DOF is too much for me.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    Hmm, better than I would have expected, although the DOF is too much for me.

Way too much for me as well. But these are only for the parents, so they get what they get. If I was shooting for publication I'd use 'pro' hardware. The only long lens Fujinon makes right now is the 55-200 f/3.5-4.8. These were shot wide open. By the end of the year Fuji should be delivering a 50-140 f/2.8. That will significantly improve Fuji's offering for an all around, multi-role camera.

Gary
    Unsharp at any Speed