SOLD: GIOTTOS MH 1302 Ball Head w/ Wimberley Plate

bfishkindbfishkind Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited February 10, 2010 in The Kitchen Sink
SOLD GIOTTOS MH 1302 Pro Series Ball Head with Quick Release, includes Wimberley P-5 Universal Arca-Style Plate

Lightweight ball head, weighs 12 ounces, but can support 18 lbs. Has 3 separate controls: a main locking knob, a friction control knob, and a separate locking knob for pan control. Horizontal and verticle bubble levels. PLEASE NOTE: I removed the Giottos quick release plate and replaced it with a Wimberly P-5 Arca-type universal standard plate. The modification required removal of a bolt on the ball head that provided the safety-stop for the original Giottos plate; however, the Wimberly plate includes its own safety stops by way of two screws to affix to either or both ends of the plate.

The ball head and plate have been lightly used and aside from a few paint scrapes, are in beautiful condition. Knobs are smooth. Original Giottos quick release plate also included, with the caveat that the safety stop for it has been removed from the ball head. Instructions included for both the Wimberley plate and Giottos head. The ball head and plate go for around $180 new.

$140 plus $10 shipping via USPS Priority Mail, CONUS only. Payment by PayPal (confirmed address required) or USPS Money Order.

Images here: http://www.bethfishkind.com/Other/Gear-For-Sale/9834527_MtyW8/1/753138541_dsd9q

Comments

• StevenSzaboStevenSzabo Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2010
    could you clarify about the safety stop being removed from the ball head? I'm very interested, just don't want my 300 2.8 going for a walk unattended :P

also...ship to canada?
  • bfishkindbfishkind Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    could you clarify about the safety stop being removed from the ball head? I'm very interested, just don't want my 300 2.8 going for a walk unattended :P

also...ship to canada?
    Steven, I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now. I must have missed the notification that there was a reply to this thread.

Apologies again, because I don't offer shipping to Canada.

Regarding your question about the safety stop being removed from the ball head: I'd read in a couple of places that the generic Wimberley P-5 plate was better than the Giottos plate included with the ball head. In order to have the Wimberley plate work with the Giottos ball head, the safety stop from the Giottos head had to be removed; however, the Wimberley has its own safety stops.

You can read more and see some pictures here: https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=59

Hope this helps!
  • bfishkindbfishkind Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2010