Options

Are you Bi-Curious?

PBS_KidsPBS_Kids Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited April 9, 2009 in Nikon Land
Wanna try the other side but not want to have a receipt trail to prove you did it?

You've come to the right girl!

My appetite has been whetted to try a Nikon D200. TWICE I thought I was going to get to have my fantasy fulfilled and answered posts of people wanting to trade for my Canon. Twice they apparently hadn't had their big boy balls drop before placing the ad because they both backed out at the last minute.:bash Leaving me all frusterated and my poor gear boxed up and ready to go out the door.

Do you have a D200 just sitting around as a backup that really isn't getting as much action as either one of you would like? That's how my Canon 30D feels. It's not her fault, she's faithful, she's sturdy, still as beautiful as the day I met her, but the heart wants what the heart wants and really you can only fight it for so long. She is kinda partial to her grip and her Sigma 24-70 so those would probably go with her if the right offer was made.

If this sounds like the kind of arrangment you could live with yourself in the morning after, (and follow through with) let me know. Your picture gets my picture and we can work out all the juicy details. :lust

Comments

• Options
    FotoMikeFotoMike Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    PBS_Kids wrote:
    Twice they apparently hadn't had their big boy balls drop before placing the ad because they both backed out at the last minute.:bash

Possibly the greatest line I have read on Dgrin and the most creative post. Good luck with your search thumb.gif
  • Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    Why oh Why would you give up the 30D for a Nikon?? At least make it worth while and ask for a Nikon and a New car!! I bet your past dealings went belly up because they were afraid the canon would be way too much for them? thats my thought.... :ivar
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2009
    FotoMike wrote:
    Twice they apparently hadn't had their big boy balls drop before placing the ad because they both backed out at the last minute.:bash

Possibly the greatest line I have read on Dgrin and the most creative post. Good luck with your search thumb.gif

Thanks Mike, I hope creativity will count for something cause I'm tired of getting let down. :)
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2009
    zacker wrote:
    Why oh Why would you give up the 30D for a Nikon?? At least make it worth while and ask for a Nikon and a New car!! I bet your past dealings went belly up because they were afraid the canon would be way too much for them? thats my thought.... :ivar

Like I said, the heart wants. It's just a little whim. I'll be upgrading in a few months anyway, I just want to make sure and get a taste of the other side before I jump in further. Like a photography bachelorette party. mwink.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 12, 2009
    Congratulations! First, I was about to click the delete button to blast you out of the air for being a spammer... then, I was at least going to change the title to fit our FM guidelines... but in the end, I decided, to hell with guidelines!
    lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    zacker wrote:

HAHAHA. That's exactly what I was thinking...clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2009
    Laughing.gif! Wow, I passed all those tests? thumb.gif Thanks for the casual glance the other way on the title.
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Congratulations! First, I was about to click the delete button to blast you out of the air for being a spammer... then, I was at least going to change the title to fit our FM guidelines... but in the end, I decided, to hell with guidelines!
    lol3.gif
  • Options
    kirbinsterkirbinster Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    PBS_Kids wrote:
    Laughing.gif! Wow, I passed all those tests? thumb.gif Thanks for the casual glance the other way on the title.

I only read your ad to see what sort of spam this was -- probably one of the funniest ads I have seen in a long time. Good luck! Nikon is the way to go, love my D40, D80 and D300!
    Nikon D700, D300, D5000 , Nikon 85mm f/1.8, 28-300 AF-S VRII, 70-300AF-S VR, 70-200 AF-S VR f/2.8, 10.5mm Fisheye, Sigma 12-24mm, Nikon 24-70 f/2.8, 2 SB-600 Speedlights Manfrotto 190MF3 tripod & 322RC2 ball grip head. - NJ, USA
    Flickr Photobucket
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2009
    Maybe I do need my title changed so people will take it seriously? :D
    kirbinster wrote:
    I only read your ad to see what sort of spam this was -- probably one of the funniest ads I have seen in a long time. Good luck! Nikon is the way to go, love my D40, D80 and D300!
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    I wish I had a D200 to trade you just because on the happy laugh the post gave me.

Good luck
    And the D200 is very nice.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    edited March 13, 2009
    Awww shucks! Thanks!
    I wish I had a D200 to trade you just because on the happy laugh the post gave me.

Good luck
    And the D200 is very nice.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Best. Post. Ever.
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2009
    Since you've been here since day one, I'm going to take that as a compliment. It is largely debatable though since it doesn't seem to be working for its intended purpose! I am however glad to be providing some laughs.
    :D
    Andy wrote:
    Best. Post. Ever.
  • Options
    Y_KnotY_Knot Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Your post & avatar made my day ! wings.gif :ivar

Steve
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2009
    Still no one? I guess I am still going to be in a Canogamous relationship.
  • Options
    SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2009
    I don't have the equipment you need, but am tagging the thread so I can watch. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2009
    Can't let this thread die. :ivar
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2009
    SteveF wrote:
    I don't have the equipment you need

:uhoh

rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    :uhoh

rolleyes1.gif

I can not believe my dirty mind didn't even put that together. I'm disappointed in myself.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2009
    PBS_Kids wrote:
    I can not believe my dirty mind didn't even put that together. I'm disappointed in myself.
    :whip
  • Options
    nickatnitenickatnite Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Can we just sticky this thread. I'm sure that the amount of people on here that subscribed to this would warrant that alone! deal.gif
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2009
    nickatnite wrote:
    Can we just sticky this thread. I'm sure that the amount of people on here that subscribed to this would warrant that alone! deal.gif

Sex Sells, eh?
  • Options
    nickatnitenickatnite Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Sex Sells, eh?

We didn't get the nickname "Dirty South" for nothing! :ivar
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2009
    Well, I'm sad this didn't work out... would have been fun for both parties involved. Unforunately, it came down to a monetary transaction (and I dont even live in Nevada! Shhh!) I'll be going with the 50D so wish me luck in my new relationship! Of course I still have to find the 50D.
  • Options
    hunter349hunter349 Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    shots
    Good luck with your 50D.....It's a fine camera. I have a D300 and LOVE it. I have been with Nikon since my first 35mm slr though so I am a little partial. I know this dosent have anything to do with your trade offer but I checked out your flickr site and really like the lighting style you are using for your elemental series. Are you using a strobe or achieving most of it in post processing?
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2009
    Thank you! I am sure I will love it. I did teeter between that and a used 5D, and even though I covet the full frame I think it's more practical at the moment for me to go the way I chose. My husband is STILL a Nikon film shooter, so I really don't have any hate for the other camp. :)

As for the elemental pics, I am using my 430EXII initially and then heavy lightroom work. I appreciate the compliment and can't wait to get my new camera to continue the set!
    hunter349 wrote:
    Good luck with your 50D.....It's a fine camera. I have a D300 and LOVE it. I have been with Nikon since my first 35mm slr though so I am a little partial. I know this dosent have anything to do with your trade offer but I checked out your flickr site and really like the lighting style you are using for your elemental series. Are you using a strobe or achieving most of it in post processing?