Options

Big Problem accessing My site with Internet Explorer

LCPHOTOLCPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited November 20, 2011 in Bug Reporting
Hello,

I was wondering if somebody can help me, I have a very weird problem, I have a slideshow on my home page with about 15 photos, when I try to access my site using internet explorer on my computer, it automatically kicks me out and says internet explorer needs to close because it encountered a problem, I don't have that problem on my chrome browser, I go to chrome and take the slideshow off of the home page then I try to access again on internet explorer and it works just fine, but it will not work with the slideshow on.
I called my brother and ask him to try to go to my site and he is able to access the page but the slideshow will only display 2 or 3 pictures!

had anybody come across this problem? any help would be appreciate it.

my site is lcphoto.biz

Thank you!!!

Comments

• Options
    bullmoonbullmoon Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    seems like something with your slide show or one of the photos in it - crashed IE9 right after the 2nd slide - chic on the beach - damn! :-)

but I have not seen this issue with any other smugmug ites I have viewed - only your slide show seems busted, the rest of the site views in IE with no issues.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Since you're using the built-in Smugmug flash slideshow, I would suggest you post this on the bug reporting forum here on dgrin as this must be some kind of bug in Smugmug's slideshow. I can reproduce the problem here on IE9.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,236 moderator
    edited November 12, 2011
    Moved to the bug reporting forum.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Strange, it works with other galleries on your site, just not the one in /Other/My SmugMug
    I'll ask some folks to take a look as to why that gallery is breaking the slideshow, very strange.
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    Better now? There's a bug with UTF-8 characters in filenames, with IE9. I hope we can fix it. In the meantime, I just used "hide photo" for photos #4 and 7 in the source gallery.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Better now? There's a bug with UTF-8 characters in filenames, with IE9. I hope we can fix it. In the meantime, I just used "hide photo" for photos #4 and 7 in the source gallery.
    Good detective work. Is this an issue in IE9 or in Flash for IE9?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »
    Good detective work. Is this an issue in IE9 or in Flash for IE9?

Dunno yet...
  • Options
    LCPHOTOLCPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Hey Heroes, Sorry i didn't know I had so many replies, looks like the problem got fixed, I used to have a flash slideshow on my BIO but starting crushing, I changed it to the regular slideshow from smugmug and the same thing was happening, but looks like the problem was solved, thanks so much guys I rather keep smugmugs regular slideshow because it works on the ipad/iphones

Thanks Again!