Mini Challenge #209 - Results

CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
edited July 26, 2015 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi all,
Thanks for submitting some wonderful barn photos for this Mini Challenge. Once again you didn't make it easy to select the top three.

Honorable Mention:

Kate - the barn with cornflowers is such a sweet shot. Love the DOF with the barn lurking in the background.

Wayne - your red barn in snow is lovely, beautifully contrasted in the snow.

Grandma - I love those black barns - I'd never seen them before and now want to go see them!

Don - your barn with red roof is beautiful.

And the top three:

Third place - BMW Kurt for your BW barn. Love the composition and the "bowed legs" of the barn.

Second Place - Tatiana for the Round Barn in Quebec. Love the architecture of this barn and the clarity of the shot.

First Place - Heather for your perfect timing with the sun through the window of the barn. Congratulations Heather - now it's your turn to select the next mini challenge. (You can pm me or JAG if you have any questions.)

Comments

• travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2015
    Thank you Jo for the 2nd place :)

Congratulations Heather - very well deserved first place! clap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2015
    Jo,

Thanks for the Mention. When I was a kid this was still a working farm, bull wise, though the surrounding park area was open, even then, to the public. This is in Rhode Island. Now a State Park.

Great winning image, Heather! :Dthumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2015
    Good job picking - congratulations to everyone for good shots.

I think of barns as red or unpainted (the ones around here - the tobacco barns aren't painted as the paint contaminates the tobacco), so a black one or a pink one get attention.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 23, 2015
    Here is the winning image by quark (Heather). Congrats on your win!

1. Great timing ... no photoshop.

IMG_8580_2-L.jpg
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2015
    Jo, thanks for the hon. mention and congratulations to all the winners. The winning shot is an excellent choice! thumb.gif
    I look forward to the next challenge from Heather.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2015
    Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so honored to win on my first visit to the party!

I am sorry for being a bit late but I think I managed to post a new challenge. Looking forward to seeing your ideas.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2015
    quark wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so honored to win on my first visit to the party!

I am sorry for being a bit late but I think I managed to post a new challenge. Looking forward to seeing your ideas.

Heather - no problem. Glad to see you've posted a new Mini - and an interesting one at that!
  • BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2015
    Wow! Thanks for the third place. I entered this mini-challenge on a whim and really didn't expect much out of it. Knowing the quality of the shots on this site I am honored! :D