work

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited August 30, 2006 in Journeys
Maybe not really a journey, but it is a story with photos of a (work-) trip i made :D

I don't really have one full-time job, but i do everything and nothing right now. During the summer season here, i worked for a company that does vacations for children. They are all between 5 and 19, divided up into smaller age-groups. I have quite a bit of experience as a camp-counselor and camp-director, but for this particular company, I don't really have a 'title'. What i do is go out to visit our locations. I start up locations the very first week we are there to make sure everything is arranged for, all agreements are made, make sure the crew is functioning well, i can become a counselor whenever one has to leave for whatever reason, and i try to solve whatever problem there might be. Most of it is short-notice stuff (as in, "hey Ivar, can you go there and there NOW?", or "hey, i know it's late, but i booked you on a plane tomorrow morning early" :lol3 )

Last week i worked at one of our locations here in the Netherlands. It's an active vacation, for kids aged 10-13. They get to do all sorts of cool stuff, and occasionally i had a few seconds that i didn't have to do anything, so i could pick up a camera.

First thing on the agenda was an introduction to diving. Diving instructors come with all the diving gear, to a local outdoor swimming pool.
91338323-L.jpg

They got to learn all the basics, so they could swim around under water for a while
91339299-L.jpg

91388591-L.jpg
It was funny to see the kids, since some of the gear was nearly their size and weight :D

In the middle of the woods, there is an old watch-tower, about 120 years old, and 70ft high. It's been modified, so it can be used for climbing, and abseiling (rapelling?)

91399872-L-2.jpg

91398698-M.jpg91377613-M.jpg

Next on the list: parasailing!
91496996-L-1.jpg

91392874-L.jpg

followed by some more climbing
91493869-L-1.jpg
and some archery:

91529016-L.jpg

I really haven't had time to do post on the photos, so they might change a bit over time, also i will have some more pictures soon. Lemme know what you think!

Comments