SmuggLr - for flickr, Phanfare, PicasaWeb, PhotoSite & Zenfolio refugees

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 24, 2008
    fgaston wrote:
    I too am experiencing this problem where the next button is greyed out. Can you offer a fix? Many thanks

in order to troubleshoot this, I am going to need access to someone's account.

If someone is happy to provide me this, please PM me.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited May 26, 2008
    bump.... new version to fix some Zenfolio issues.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    devbobo wrote:
    in order to troubleshoot this, I am going to need access to someone's account.

If someone is happy to provide me this, please PM me.

Cheers,

David

Picasa Web Albums are free up to 1GB, btw.
    edited June 13, 2008
    bump for new version, fixes for Flickr and Picasa Web
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • jimandsuejimandsue Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 18, 2008
    Do my photos get deleted or just copied when I transfer from Flickr to smugmug? Are the original size photos transfered?

Thanks
    Jim
    edited June 18, 2008
    jimandsue wrote:
    Do my photos get deleted or just copied when I transfer from Flickr to smugmug? Are the original size photos transfered?

Thanks
    Jim

images are copied, not deleted.

Originals, it depends :D

For pro accounts, yes.

For free accounts, you use to be able to access the originals...so I attempt to pull down this image, if it fails I download the large size image.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • edmaineedmaine Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2008
    import from picasaweb has other images
    hi,

i am a new member to smugmug and use smugglr to import data from picasaweb. all folders were imported except for 1 anomaly.

on one of my album, there was 1 file that got imported that was not on the original album on picasaweb. i have yet to check all the other albums if any images which i do not own was imported by mistake.

i have sent the details to help@smugmug.com

thanks,
    edmaine
  • ppeterppeter Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2008
    Smugglr not imprting from Zenfolio
    fgaston wrote:
    I too am experiencing this problem where the next button is greyed out. Can you offer a fix? Many thanks

I'm having the same issue trying to copy my photos from zenfolo after authenticating my zenolio log in I just get an empty folder /photo field and no next /back option
    Peter
    Adelaide Sth Aus
    http://ppeter.smugmug.com
    edited June 24, 2008
    ppeter wrote:
    I'm having the same issue trying to copy my photos from zenfolo after authenticating my zenolio log in I just get an empty folder /photo field and no next /back option

PM sent
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • westiswestis Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    I just installed the Smugglr FF extension. But when choosing Picasa Web I just see the Picasa Web site, and can't choose Next or anything. If I log out I get the login screen and when logging in, again it is as if I'm browsing my Picasa Web galleries in the Smugglr window.

What can I do to migrate my photos from Picasa Web to SmugMug?

Thanks!
  • hanerhaner Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    I'm trying to migrate some pictures from Zenfolio but smugglr keeps haging occasionally. Is it intelligent enough to know and compare what already exists and what needs to be copied or if I start it up again, it will overwrite the existing pictures on smugmug?

As a follow-up, lets say it does complete successfully and there were errors in the upload log, can I restart smugglr and do another migration and hopefully catch all the images that weren't copied?
    edited July 1, 2008
    haner wrote:
    I'm trying to migrate some pictures from Zenfolio but smugglr keeps haging occasionally. Is it intelligent enough to know and compare what already exists and what needs to be copied or if I start it up again, it will overwrite the existing pictures on smugmug?

As a follow-up, lets say it does complete successfully and there were errors in the upload log, can I restart smugglr and do another migration and hopefully catch all the images that weren't copied?

G'day Haner,

Unfortunately, that's not how it works at the moment. It's something I am keen to do but haven't had the bandwidth to actually implement it.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    given this weekend's blog-world blow up, I'd expect to see a flurry of copy-from-flickr activity going on.
    http://www.jmg-galleries.com/blog/2008/07/07/how-every-flickr-photo-ended-up-on-sale-this-weekend/
  • Marcia CirielloMarcia Ciriello Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 10, 2008
    can't find my downloaded file!
    where is "tools" on my mac? and how do I get to smugglr application to transfer from my Phanfare 1.0? Thanks!

devbobo wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I am finally pleased to annouce my Firefox extension SmuggLr. For those who wish to transition photos from flickr, Phanfare, PhotoSite, PicasaWeb or Zenfolio to SmugMug.

Download it here.

Once installed, it can be accessed via Tools->SmuggLr. It's presented in an easy to use wizard format.

If you have any questions/problems, please post in this thread.

EDIT: And here is SmuggLr's Smuggy Home! http://smugglr.smugmug.com/

Versions:-

13th June 2008 v2.5
    - Fixed bug with flickr where potentially loads of duplicates could be imported
    - Fixed bug with Picasa where users that had . or _ in their username got stuck and couldn't continue.

25th May 2008 v2.3, 2.4
    - Fixed a few issues with Zenfolio

16 May 2008 v2.2
    - Fixed Phanfare 2.0 bug where no photos were found

8th May 2008 v2.1
    - SmuggLr's flickr api key expired headscratch.gif

6th May 2008 v2.0
    - Added support for Phanfare v2.0
    - Fixed issue with flickr authentication on non-english pages

21th Feb 2008 v1.9
    - Added support for Zenfolio
    - Removed support for ImageStation
    - fix flickr bug on free accounts with a lot of failures, now falls back to large size images if the original is not available.
    - refactored some of the original code

12th Feb 2008 v1.8
    - Added support for Picasa Web
    - Fixed flickr append description bug

27 th Jan 2008 v1.7
    - Added support for 4 byte characters in Album titles/descriptions

21th Dec 2007 v1.6
    - Added support for Phanfare

12th Oct 2007 v1.3
    - Fixed image error handling to only retry 3 times

12th Oct 2007 v1.2
    - Added support for ImageStation and PhotoSite

3rd Aug 2007 v1.0
    - Added geocoding support

29th Feb 2007 v0.7
    - Fixed upload endpoint (my bad :D)
    - Added selective photosets
    - Support for automatic updates in future

Cheers,

David
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    where is "tools" on my mac?

it's the Tools menu in Firefox

picture1kn5.png
  • GoNorthWestGoNorthWest Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Invalid Login Problem
    Hi,

I just installed the FF SmuggLr extension in FF 3.0. When I run the wizard, it shows my correct Flickr login page, but when I provide the credentials, it says Invalid Login. I know I'm entering the information correctly. Is this potentially an issue using FF 3?

Thanks!

Mark
  • gillatgillat Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2008
    When will SmuggLr work with FF3?
    I need to move stuff over :-)
    edited July 31, 2008
    gillat wrote:
    I need to move stuff over :-)

yes, the most recent version should be fine
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • bkla123bkla123 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2008
    Smugglr not importing from Picasa web
    I've installed the extension. I can see how it works for Flickr but It just stalls out on picassa - I sign in and can not continue after that -

We are trying to move our TV shows scouting photos over this weeke dn - and I am up against the wall. Any thoughts or ideas?

thanks
    Brian
  • bkla123bkla123 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2008
    Smugglr not importing from Picasa web
    I've installed the extension. I can see how it works for Flickr but It just stalls out on picassa - I sign in and can not continue after that -

We are trying to move our TV shows scouting photos over this weeke dn - and I am up against the wall. Any thoughts or ideas?

thanks
    Brian
  • psilenspsilens Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 12, 2008
    migrating from sharpcast
    hi
    i'd like to migrate from sharpcast, and downloading my photos from sharpcast and re uploading them to smugmug is not really going to work since i have more than 4gb of photos uploaded. can someone give me advice how to go about this migration? thanks in advance
  • ChumadChumad Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 16, 2008
    Just tried to transfer from Zenfolio
    Just downloaded the Zenfolio tool, unfortunately it just gets to the screen to select what you want to transfer and doesn't get any farther... just sets there and doesn't enable the next button... any ideas?
    Chuck
  • Tomkirk23Tomkirk23 Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    David -

I noticed than PhanFare has a Snapfish importer. Any news/plans on such an importer for Smugglr?

Thanks,

Tom K.
    edited October 3, 2008
    Tomkirk23 wrote:
    David -

I noticed than PhanFare has a Snapfish importer. Any news/plans on such an importer for Smugglr?

Thanks,

Tom K.

Hey Tom, as I posted [post=935657]here[/post], Snapfish doesn't let your get full-sized originals *out*, so there's not going to be a way to get them into SmugMug via SmuggLr or NitroDesk.

I *did* however, get a response back from Shutterfly about whether their newly-announced API allows for downloads of full-sized originals:
    No, but you can get up to 1600 on the largest dimension.

Hey, that's not bad. Now I don't know if David would want to offer SmuggLing when you can't get the full-sized original, but I guess 1600 is better than 600, huh?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    darryl wrote:
    Hey, that's not bad. Now I don't know if David would want to offer SmuggLing when you can't get the full-sized original, but I guess 1600 is better than 600, huh?

Not bad? It's terrible. They are your photos umph.gif
    edited October 3, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Not bad? It's terrible. They are your photos umph.gif

Well, yeah. :-/

But hey, my Canon S100 (later replaced with a S110 after I lost it) from 9-10 years ago had a max resolution of 1600 x 1200.

Up until recently my son was using it to take great photos:

http://gladlee.smugmug.com/Photos%20by%20Noah

Now I'm pretty sure I stupidly uploaded (and then deleted local copies of) some photos to Sony Imagestation and Ofoto that are now long gone. If there was a way for people in similar situations to at least get somewhat decent quality versions of photos they no longer have, it's certainly better than nothing.
  • QuestiontoaskQuestiontoask Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 2, 2008
    Can I transfer original-sized photos from PicasaWeb??
    Hi David,

Thanks for the handy application. Is it possible to transfer original-sized photos from PicasaWeb to SmugMug, using SmuggLr? All of my 1MB+ photos are getting transferred into SmugMug as 200-300 KB.

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • thistokyolife.comthistokyolife.com Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 9, 2008
    i have the same problem with picasa -- nothing happens after i sign in.
    bkla123 wrote:

thanks
    Brian
  • digitalmonkeydigitalmonkey Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    great firefox addon!

I want to transfer to SmugMug but it looks like I may be stuck with another year of Flickr :(

My Pro account expired 3 days ago and I can only access 4 albums!! Damn you Fiickr.

Anyone know a way that I can get to those pictures without paying $25 renewal fee?
    edited December 22, 2008
    great firefox addon!

I want to transfer to SmugMug but it looks like I may be stuck with another year of Flickr :(

My Pro account expired 3 days ago and I can only access 4 albums!! Damn you Fiickr.

Anyone know a way that I can get to those pictures without paying $25 renewal fee?

DigitalMonkey,

Unfortunately, Flickr doesn't allow you to access the original images if you don't have a Pro account. But you should still have access to all your albums...that is kinda confusing.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos