good idea to help newbies?

idiotabroadidiotabroad Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited October 31, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
http://www.nyip.com/courses/whichcourse.html

Wasen't sure what everyone thought about this.
Mark

If you don't agree with me then your wrong.
I can't be held accountable for what I say, I'm bipolar.

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    My thoughts.................I really don't like any business that won't tell me upfront what their product costs! In their FAQ's their is no mention of cost, and this is one of the first questions all but the wealthy ask.

I tried for 15 minutes to find a cost for this school and couldn't do it.

Sam
  • idiotabroadidiotabroad Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Good point. I came across this while researching local classes. hmmmm.
    Mark

edited October 30, 2011
    Had to fake sign up to get to the payment tab. WOW.

I agree to make a low down payment now and be billed for the remaining balance in monthly payments. Total Price
    $1198.00 (Tuition & Materials $1198.00)

Down Payment: $28.00
    Monthly Payment: $45.00 for 26 months

Please note: Many students who enroll on the monthly payment plan request the convenience of having their monthly payments automatically charged to a debit or credit card. We'll be happy to arrange this for you once you've enrolled and had the opportunity to review Unit One under our No-Risk Refund Policy. When you receive your first monthly statement in the mail, you'll find information enclosed that will explain exactly how to set that up. It's easy, secure, and will save you the cost of postage.
    Note that your tuition charge, whether on the full payment plan or the monthly plan, will be listed on your credit card as charged to "Distance Education Company," which is our actual corporate name.
    Mark

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 30, 2011
    headscratch.gif

I came up with $348

I requested the course catalog some time back. It's at my office and I'll check it tomorrow.

There are people who have completed the course with satisfaction, I hope some comment here.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Having to signup before knowing the cost is insane. WE now have one cost of $1198.00 from idiotabroad who had to use a fake name to get the cost and angelo who recollects $348.00. This is a big difference. We shouldn't need to jump through flaming hoops or have a guessing contest.

While they may have a great course worth every penny I wouuld be inclined to pass simply based of what I consider somewhat deceptive or selectively marketing everything but the cost.

Sam
    edited October 31, 2011
    Yes Sam a deff. pass.
    Mark

edited October 31, 2011
    well NYIP offers different programs which may account for the varying prices. Since Mark referenced "newbies" I quoted the course fee for "fundamentals"

following the links I provided you'd find several people complimenting the program. Just because someone has issues with the registering process does not a bad program make nor does it answer your question about the value of the learning possibilities.

I received their full course outline and fee schedule via mail (wow, back in '07) The course outline is comprehensive as is all the literature. It even came with an additional $50 discount coupon

edited October 31, 2011
    And I priced the professional class. Thanks for the point out Angelo
    Mark

edited October 31, 2011