Package counter logic error.

gadgetgeekgadgetgeek Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited June 6, 2011 in Bug Reporting
The counter at the bottom of the package gallery selection seems to double when clicking "select all".

1. I have 3 "sports" packages in my site geofffaulkner.com
2. I upload a new gallery to the sports category.
3. I edit a package.
a. Click "only ones I choose"
b. Choose the category on my site "Your Photos" and then "Sports"
c. The counter at the bottom correctly states the number of galleries selected (120 in this case).
d. Choose "Select All".
e. The counter doubles and now displays "240 galleries selected" rather than showing 121 galleries.
f. Click "Continue"
4. Save the package
5. Re-edit the package and click "Only ones I choose".
6. The correct number of galleries is shown (121).

Since I cannot apply a package to a category I have to edit multiple packages every time I upload a new gallery which is time consuming and prone to error on my part. Having the system reporting a higher than actual number of galleries makes me think the package applies to more galleries than what I have selected, like all the galleries on my site.

Geoff Faulkner
http://www.geofffaulkner.com

Comments

• TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    gadgetgeek wrote: »
    The counter at the bottom of the package gallery selection seems to double when clicking "select all".

1. I have 3 "sports" packages in my site geofffaulkner.com
    2. I upload a new gallery to the sports category.
    3. I edit a package.
    a. Click "only ones I choose"
    b. Choose the category on my site "Your Photos" and then "Sports"
    c. The counter at the bottom correctly states the number of galleries selected (120 in this case).
    d. Choose "Select All".
    e. The counter doubles and now displays "240 galleries selected" rather than showing 121 galleries.
    f. Click "Continue"
    4. Save the package
    5. Re-edit the package and click "Only ones I choose".
    6. The correct number of galleries is shown (121).

Since I cannot apply a package to a category I have to edit multiple packages every time I upload a new gallery which is time consuming and prone to error on my part. Having the system reporting a higher than actual number of galleries makes me think the package applies to more galleries than what I have selected, like all the galleries on my site.

Geoff Faulkner
    http://www.geofffaulkner.com

Hi Geoff,

It looks like our engineers are on this case right now.

I will say that you should be just fine applying these changes to your galleries. When I did a test on this (I used much smaller numbers than ~120) and saw that only my test galleries were added to the package.

What this looks like is we are keeping the number in that corner and when the select all button is selected, we are just adding up the numbers again. Again, we are working to get this solved. And, thank you for letting us know.

-Kevin