Options

Verify Login Troubles

LisaYangLisaYang Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited March 4, 2012 in Bug Reporting
  • Site >> http://www.lisayangphotography.com
  • Problem >> I am attempting to go to my Easy Customizer and to do so, must re-verify my login email and password. I am signed in and can manage the site except for the customizer, which brings me to the verify login page and stays there. It stays on the same page, Firefox 10.0.2 on my Mac OS X acts as if the site is loading in the icon, but the site never changes or reloads, and after a second's hesitation it settles back at the same place, as if I never pressed LOGIN.
  • What I am trying to do is simply manage my header links, but this inability to login has got me a little worried (I thought it was a one-time problem, maybe a day's glitch, but I haven't been able to reach customizer for a little over a week now).

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    I think the problem may have something to do with your homepage slideshow. It's currently set to show Popular Photos on your site, but you've also disabled feeds, so it can't really pull in any images for visitors. This might actually be causing the problem with the Easy Customizer tool. Can you try doing either one of two things? Either 1) go to Control Panel > Settings, and set Feeds to Enabled. Or 2) go to your homepage and click Slideshow Settings, and set the source for the slideshow to either a keyword or a (non-passworded) gallery. Once you make those changes, are you able to access the Easy Customizer tool normally, without being required to login again?
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2012
    rnrjosh wrote: »
    I think the problem may have something to do with your homepage slideshow. It's currently set to show Popular Photos on your site, but you've also disabled feeds, so it can't really pull in any images for visitors. This might actually be causing the problem with the Easy Customizer tool. Can you try doing either one of two things? Either 1) go to Control Panel > Settings, and set Feeds to Enabled. Or 2) go to your homepage and click Slideshow Settings, and set the source for the slideshow to either a keyword or a (non-passworded) gallery. Once you make those changes, are you able to access the Easy Customizer tool normally, without being required to login again?

Josh,
    After making both changes, I am still faced with the same issue with login. :-\
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2012
    Any other ideas? I'd really like to be able to get into my customization. And can't "Contact" Smugmug directly without verifying my login.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    Lisa,
    go to:
    www.smugmug.com
    click on "logout". Then log in from scratch.

If you still have an issue afterwards, clear your browser cache and cookies first before logging in again.

If the issue persists, contact us at our HelpDesk:
    http://help.smugmug.com/
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero