Aperture to Smugmug and MacDaddy login errors

flemingljrflemingljr Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 4, 2012 in Bug Reporting
I can't login using "aperture to smugmug" or macdaddy, yet my email and password are working fine on the smugmug website. Is there something preventing third party apps from logging in? It's 11:23 EST, July 1st, 2009

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Try again?
  • flemingljrflemingljr Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2009
    works now, thanks.
    Andy wrote:
    Try again?
    edited July 3, 2009
    Not working again from Aperture. What's going on?
    flemingljr wrote:
    works now, thanks.
    edited July 4, 2009
    flemingljr wrote:
    Not working again from Aperture. What's going on?
    Nothing I'm aware of on our side. Have you contacted the plugin developer?
    edited July 6, 2009
    no, I will. I seem to only be able to log in in the morning with "aperture to smugmug"
    Andy wrote:
    Nothing I'm aware of on our side. Have you contacted the plugin developer?
    edited July 6, 2009
    I can't login with either MacDaddy or Aperture to Smugmug. Is it just a coincidence that neither program can login to smugmug? MacDaddy says "untrusted server certificate".
    edited July 7, 2009
    Can't login with macdaddy or aperture to smugmug, July 7th, 7pm. I think something is wrong on smugmug's side.

FlemingL
    edited July 8, 2009
    flemingljr wrote:
    Can't login with macdaddy or aperture to smugmug, July 7th, 7pm. I think something is wrong on smugmug's side.

FlemingL
    Hm, can't replicate - I'm uploading with MacDaddy right now. Have you tried using a new password?
  • exposedphotoexposedphoto Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2009
    I am also having this exact same problem. Website login works fine but aperture to smugmug and macdaddy error out (certificate problem). Also, I noticed I got a new certificate message when logging in via the website? Verified it with your Certificate Authority but thought that might be a reference point.
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 17, 2009
    Can people having this problem, please outline what versions of Mac OS they are running ?
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • PalatziPalatzi Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 26, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    Can people having this problem, please outline what versions of Mac OS they are running ?
    Mac OS X 10.5.7

Could use some insight to the solution, thanks.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2009
    I have not experienced this problem and I use Mac OS 10.5.7 as well.ne_nau.gif
  • CosmicVoyagerCosmicVoyager Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    I was not able to log in with AperturetoSmugMug since yesterday, getting "Error logging on". Verified that the password was correct. Website login still works, and MacDaddy also works.
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 30, 2009
    Phong, can you tell us "what versions of Mac OS they are running ?" That will help Dev figure out what is going on.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
    edited July 31, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    Phong, can you tell us "what versions of Mac OS they are running ?" That will help Dev figure out what is going on.

I'm running 10.5.7 (and Aperture 2.1.3, ApertureToSmugMug 0.29, in case that's relevant). Had no problems until a few days ago, and still can't log in today.
  • dippoldsdippolds Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 8, 2009
    Having same "Invalid Server Certificate" error with iPhoto SmugmugExport
    I started having the same problem Aug 8 with the iPhoto SmugMug Export pluggin. "Invalid Server Certificate"
    edited August 12, 2009
    Any updates on this issue? I can still use MacDaddy to export to SmugMug, but it's an extra step to my workflow.

If it helps, the error in the logs is
    Aperture[260] <Error>: CGContexGetType: invalid context

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2012
    Digging out an old thread :o( I've had the same issue (out of nowhere). Haven't been able to use MacDaddy for some months now (Mac OS X 10.5.8). I've been uploading through the smugmug website, but since I can't upload by filename (and changing that in my gallery settings later makes no sense in this case as it's a gallery I'm uploading photos to throughout the entire year and the file names will start over again after a few months) ....

ANYWAY! Any help would be appreciated. It keeps telling me: "Error: untrusted server certificate"

THANK YOU!