FA: Great pice on D700 Body only

dbcemporiumdbcemporium Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited January 9, 2009 in Nikon Land
Hi everyone

I am selling a brand new Nikon D700 on ebay Comes in box brand new with international warrantee. Item listing #270327169591. I order directly from my supplier in Canada at wholesale prices. I am selling this brand new for $1995.00 FREE shipping.

I am also selling a Nikon D300 WITH 18-200 VR lens ebay item listing # is 270327080549. Selling for $1600.00

You will also receive free memory cards with each camera

If you have any questions and are interested in any of my other items listed please email me

Thanks

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    I understand ebay and why people sell there (to make more money)....but if thesse are buy now items....you could have listed here and not had to pay listing fees (more money in your pocket).......might think of that for the next time.......we have people watching the FLEA MARKETS for deals all of the time.

Good Luck.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited January 7, 2009
    I moved this to the Flea Market, which is where DGrin sells items, and I changed the title to better conform to our standards.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • dbcemporiumdbcemporium Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited January 7, 2009
    Thanks
    Hi and thanks for the suggestion. I am also new to smugmug and learning my way around as I will definately sell on here as well. Have a great day

Art Scott wrote:
    I understand ebay and why people sell there (to make more money)....but if thesse are buy now items....you could have listed here and not had to pay listing fees (more money in your pocket).......might think of that for the next time.......we have people watching the FLEA MARKETS for deals all of the time.

Good Luck.
    edited January 7, 2009
    Thanks
    Hi and thanks for the suggestion. I am also new to smugmug and I was not aware up until now that I can sell on this site. Where do I go to read the requirements and guidelines for selling.

Thanks
    again
    Damien

Hi everyone

I am selling a brand new Nikon D700 on ebay Comes in box brand new with international warrantee. Item listing #270327169591. I order directly from my supplier in Canada at wholesale prices. I am selling this brand new for $1995.00 FREE shipping.

I am also selling a Nikon D300 WITH 18-200 VR lens ebay item listing # is 270327080549. Selling for $1600.00

You will also receive free memory cards with each camera

If you have any questions and are interested in any of my other items listed please email me

Thanks
    edited January 7, 2009
    Completed
    Hi

I am set up with godaddy and have my domain registered. www.dblairphoto.com let me know what you think so far.

Thanks

Art Scott wrote:

Good Luck.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Hi

I am set up with godaddy and have my domain registered. www.dblairphoto.com let me know what you think so far.

Thanks

ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif

Firefox can't find the server at www.dblairphoto.com.

I always use the option of a new window for following links and even with cutting and pasting I got the same....I only use FF as a browser....

Looking forward to seeing your site.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 7, 2009
    Hi

Thanks
    what does this have to do with the sale of the D700?

second comment: dgrin and smugmug are two seperate entities (especially this flea market)

finally, please read the flea market guidelines, they are below in my signature.
    thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• manboumanbou Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Hmm... I gather your name is Damien Blair, based on your Smugmug page.

Damien:

(1) You have ZERO feedback as a seller on eBay

(2) Your website www.dblairphoto.com doesn't seem to exist

(3) According to the eBay listing for the camera you're selling, your business, DBC Emporium (which does not exist online) is "a new discounted online retailer located in New York City". Brooklyn, perhaps? rolleyes1.gif

(4) Your eBay user ID, russellsmom08, is completely different from your name or the name of your business

You seem like a decent guy, Damien, and I assume you are honestly selling this camera. But really, you couldn't have made your eBay auction look more like a scam if you tried! I would suggest that you build up a track record on eBay by selling some cheaper items first, and make sure buyers can research your business, DBC Emporium, on the Internet. Oh, and make sure it isn't located in Brooklyn!

Good luck.
    "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Photography is often finding something cool and taking a picture of it."[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] -- Ken Rockwell[/FONT]
  • jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    manbou wrote:
    Hmm... I gather your name is Damien Blair, based on your Smugmug page.

Damien:

(1) You have ZERO feedback as a seller on eBay

(2) Your website www.dblairphoto.com doesn't seem to exist

(3) According to the eBay listing for the camera you're selling, your business, DBC Emporium (which does not exist online) is "a new discounted online retailer located in New York City". Brooklyn, perhaps? rolleyes1.gif

(4) Your eBay user ID, russellsmom08, is completely different from your name or the name of your business

You seem like a decent guy, Damien, and I assume you are honestly selling this camera. But really, you couldn't have made your eBay auction look more like a scam if you tried! I would suggest that you build up a track record on eBay by selling some cheaper items first, and make sure buyers can research your business, DBC Emporium, on the Internet. Oh, and make sure it isn't located in Brooklyn!

Good luck.

I agree - also, will the camera have a valid US Nikon warrantee or will it be sold as a grey market? Just curious, thanks and good luck to you!
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Anthony8858Anthony8858 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    jhelms wrote:
    I agree - also, will the camera have a valid US Nikon warrantee or will it be sold as a grey market? Just curious, thanks and good luck to you!

Just another retailer.
    edited January 9, 2009
    Originally Posted by jhelms

Just another retailer.

What does that mean? headscratch.gif
    John in Georgia
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    I'm happy again... had a cup of coffee and chilled. Sorry. The Ricky Ricardo Rage took over for a minute.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited January 9, 2009
    You guys are all too nice... ***edited out Ricky Ricardo Rage-rant***
    Mate, let's keep it civil, please.

The OP hasn't been back to this thread in days, and for all we know, was not a scammer, simply a not-so savvy seller (and forum poster, at that). It's definitely not for me to judge. Manbou made some constructive criticism, let's leave it at that.

I hate nuking posts and threads, but I will from here on in this thread.

thanks,
    Erik

edited January 9, 2009
    jhelms wrote:
    [/i]

What does that mean? headscratch.gif

It means that he's not a private seller, selling his own gear.
    He's a retailer, listing on a forum.

Ebay used to be an auction site. Now it's retailer site.
    edited January 9, 2009
    Anthony, while this may be your opinion, this is not entirely true.

Let's please keep on topic, and unnecessary comments to a minimum.

again, thanks,
    Erik

edited January 9, 2009
    It means that he's not a private seller, selling his own gear.
    He's a retailer, listing on a forum.

Ah, ok... so either way my question didn't get answered about the warranty...

"How much are those apples?"

"The oranges are 3 for a dollar"

headscratch.gif
    John in Georgia
    edited January 9, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Anthony, while this may be your opinion, this is not entirely true.

Let's please keep on topic, and unnecessary comments to a minimum.

again, thanks,

My apology.
    I had a rough day. ne_nau.gif