Latin Jazz - Tokyo

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited September 1, 2014 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited August 30, 2014
    I like the movement, color and composition. I just wish that head wasn't in the way.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2014
    Thanks, I debated about cropping it, but I also wanted the guy's hand. I will post a second crop later.
    edited August 30, 2014
    Here is another crop option, thoughts?

Latin%20jazz%20Tokyo-XL.jpg
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2014
    I like this one a lot, Cristóbal.....for all the reasons that Richard mentioned. Like you, I like the guy's hand in the shot. I also like the movement in the girl's right arm. Too bad you lose both of those features in the crop version. I'll stay with the original shot and pretend the head isn't there. Good work.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited August 31, 2014
    I like this one a lot, Cristóbal.....for all the reasons that Richard mentioned. Like you, I like the guy's hand in the shot. I also like the movement in the girl's right arm. Too bad you lose both of those features in the crop version. I'll stay with the original shot and pretend the head isn't there. Good work.

Tom

Thanks Tom! I wish I could photoshop the head out (funny, the spell check came up with photochop, which is more along the lines of what I need!). I am sort of growing fond of the second one...

Thanks for looking, take care.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited September 1, 2014
    Despite the head, I prefer the original. Somehow I don't think a panoramic aspect works with this one. ne_nau.gif
    edited September 1, 2014
    Richard wrote: »
    Despite the head, I prefer the original. Somehow I don't think a panoramic aspect works with this one. ne_nau.gif

I guess you're right... ne_nau.gif
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2014
    I like the first one best too... It may have been the second one, but I can't un-see the first one - his hand is definitely a nice element.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited September 1, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    I like the first one best too... It may have been the second one, but I can't un-see the first one - his hand is definitely a nice element.
    I know what you mean about not being able to un-see something...

I don't want to beat a dead horse but how about this (the original un-cropped version)? By the way, I don't think the black blob is a head, I don't know what it is though. I did photoshop out a head on the left, which was the reason for the very first crop option.

Latin%20jazz%20Tokyo-XL.jpg