Moving pictures on the homepage

RSBJRSBJ Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 19, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Why can't I move my homepage pictures around? The answer I got from support was that they would have to be deleted and selected in the order I want them to appear. My page is rsbj.smugmug.com, and I have a picture of my daughter flying a Cessna that I would like in the top-left, not the bottom right.

Anyone know how to sort the pics without having to delete and reload?

Thank you,
Rick

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 17, 2014
    The photos don't need to be deleted from your account but as the support folks told you, you will need to remove them from the selection on your homepage and re-select the photos in the order in which you would like them to display.

--- Denise
  • JohnHeroJohnHero Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2014
    Sorry about the confusion. Denise is correct. You will need to go to your homepage, click CUSTOMIZE > CUSTOMIZE SITE > SELECT THE SETTINGS WRENCH FOR THE PHOTOS BLOCK > DESELECT THE PHOTOS SELECTED > RESELECT IN THE ORDER YOU WISH TO DISPLAY THEM.

Another option is to add the images to a single gallery in your site and use the "single gallery" option and select that gallery. You can then rearrange the homepage in the site organizer from within the gallery chosen.
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • RSBJRSBJ Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 17, 2014
    It seems to be a gross oversight that you would have to remove all the pictures and start over, just to move one to a different place on the homepage. So every time I upload a new picture and I want it in the top left, I have to start all over? Why can't it be as easy as the manual sort options on the folders and galleries?

I will make the folder at your suggestion, John, thank you. And thanks to you too Denise.

Rick
  • JohnHeroJohnHero Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2014
    You are very welcome :D You can add your feedback and suggestion's here.

If you need anything else, please let us know.
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero