Options

Guestbook without a login

officialphotographerofficialphotographer Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited November 13, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi Guys,

I am trying to make a testimonials page with a 'social' comments box added. However it requires guests to login via facebook or smugmug to leave comments. Is there a way around this? I found an older thread that said that it's not possible yet, but am not sure if that has changed.

http://www.statusimages.com/Other/OP-Price-List-Galleries/Testimonials/n-WgB5L

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited January 4, 2014
    I am trying to make a testimonials page with a 'social' comments box added. However it requires guests to login via facebook or smugmug to leave comments. Is there a way around this? I found an older thread that said that it's not possible yet, but am not sure if that has changed.
    Unfortunately no. There is a thread with a request for additional sign in options as well as anonymous comments, no action yet. See this thread.

--- Denise
  • Options
    officialphotographerofficialphotographer Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2014
    Unfortunately no. There is a thread with a request for additional sign in options as well as anonymous comments, no action yet. See this thread.

--- Denise

Really .... Still!! the last thread I seen was from September. I really thought some of these small requests would have been sorted by SM by now. The quick settings is another one that bothers me too. Not being able to delete etc.

I can only but assume that I don't have any idea how big a job it is to make these changes because they seem like small jobs to do in my head (you know, just a little bit of coding). Clearly I must be way wrong ;-)
  • Options
    geckoimagegeckoimage Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 18, 2014
    Is it still fact that guests have to login to leave a comment via fb or smumug at my guestbook?
    Please, can you suggest any guestbook for me which I can embed?
    Thank you from Germany
    Marie
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2014
    Hi Marie,
    Yes, visitors to SmugMug are required to log in with Facebook or have their own SmugMug account to leave comments. I'm not aware of a guest book you can embed but maybe some other dgrinners have ideas.

Edit: Visitors may also log in using Google to leave comments.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited August 18, 2014
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    Yes, visitors to SmugMug are required to log in with Facebook or have their own SmugMug account to leave comments.
    Support for login using a Google account was added as well.
    geckoimage wrote: »
    Is it still fact that guests have to login to leave a comment via fb or smumug at my guestbook?
    You might consider adding a comment to this thread.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2014
    Support for login using a Google account was added as well.

Right, post amended.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    geckoimagegeckoimage Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2014
    Thank you!
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2014
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    I'm not aware of a guest book you can embed but maybe some other dgrinners have ideas.
    Does this imply that SmugMug are not opposed to a third-party adding an anonymous comment feature?
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2014
    Does this imply that SmugMug are not opposed to a third-party adding an anonymous comment feature?
    Was not implying anything, just answering the question :).
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    fotocadfotocad Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 13, 2014
    Is it possible to remove the 'LOG IN' button or move it to after the facebook/google icon? (at the moment people are directed towards login first which is confusing). Also can the text be changed from 'You must login to leave a comment' to 'Sign in to leave a comment'. Finally is it possible to have text such as 'this does not allow the page to post on your behalf' or similar?