Balloon Fest

TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited November 12, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Well, I went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta this year. Here are a few of the dawn patrol shots. They send up a few balloons to check the winds.

_DSC9879-L.jpg

_DSC9898-L.jpg

_DSC9896-L.jpg

_DSC9900-L.jpg

Comments

• SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2014
    #2 and #3 have this nice fuzzy, warm, wouldn't it be nice to be in the gondola, feel to them. Thanks for sharing.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2014
    Fantastic shots! Something about #4 is awesome....I guess you get me with patriotic colors and tighter crop and fa t the light is right in the center! Just fantastic!
    I wonder if only in #1 the light at the bottom is needed and if it would benefit from either tighter crop as is, or with bit off centering.
    I would straighten #3 a tad.
    Thanks for sharing! Wonderful work!clap.gif
  • TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2014
    Thanks for the kind words. I thought about cropping out the bottom light but that is what they drop off the basket so others can see them and it is always lit. It is part of the deal so I left it. I will look at straightening it up too but that was a from the wind so I will have to see which way I like better. I do understand what you are saying though. It was fantastic there and they launched 550 balloons or so each morning and more on special shapes day.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2014
    I have wanted to attend for years. I was going to this year, but couldn't find a single place for our RV within 100 miles. So maybe next year...

For me, the clear winner is #2. Comp is good and you captured the blue in the sky.
    Randy
    edited November 11, 2014
    You need to reserve right now. The presidential sites are full. They filled up in 2 mins but the campground across the street, still part of the balloon fest usually has spots left. You can try and see. Weekends are full but weekdays were half empty.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2014
    Oh my ...These are awesome - The colors and the position of the balloon in the second one is terrific. But then we have the last one which is my absolute favorite. It's our flag blowing in the wind and lit up as she should.
    edited November 11, 2014
    This was the dawn patrol. they take off and check the winds. They also had the national anthem sung as that balloon went up. It was pretty amazing. I have a couple different balloons carrying the flag. There was a different one each day they went up.
    edited November 11, 2014
    They also have special shapes when you go too.

_DSC1612-L.jpg

_DSC1655-L.jpg

_DSC1723-L.jpg

Getting ready for lift off

_DSC1777-L.jpg

_DSC1785-L.jpg

_DSC1972-L.jpg
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2014
    Keep em coming! These are wonderful!!
    edited November 12, 2014