Options

Guest Upload, Custom URL

PiscatawayPiscataway Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited May 27, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Folks,

A gallery for guest uploading on my site has a custom URL that is periodically changed so that old URLs will no longer function. This is my implementation of security measures as I understood the custom URL function to perform, based upon a SmugMug article listed below. However, now I see that old custom URLs still function.

For example, in April I created URL A for a gallery by entering a custom URL into

Gallery Settings > Security & Sharing > Guest Uploading.

In May I changed the custom URL for the same gallery to URL B. However, now URL A still functions. I expected URL A to no longer function since I changed it to URL B.

Am I misunderstanding the use of the custom URL? Do I need to take a second step to terminate the functionality of the replaced URLs?

Thanks.

George

Following extracted from http://help.smugmug.com/customer/en/portal/articles/526320-can-guests-upload-photos-to-my-site-?b_id=1644:

"Anyone with your upload link can upload files to that gallery. Be aware when you share! Or give them a deadline and change/remove the Upload Key by that date.”

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2016
    Hi George,
    The custom url setting from the gallery settings > basics tab only applies to the link for viewing a gallery. It has no bearing on the guest upload link. If you'd like to change the guest upload link, you could change the word/letters you've entered in the gallery settings > security&sharing > guest uploading setting.

If you have further questions on this, I would recommend that you directly contact us on our HelpDes and include the specific links that you refer to so that we could take a closer look.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    PiscatawayPiscataway Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2016
    Hi George,
    The custom url setting from the gallery settings > basics tab only applies to the link for viewing a gallery. It has no bearing on the guest upload link. If you'd like to change the guest upload link, you could change the word/letters you've entered in the gallery settings > security&sharing > guest uploading setting.

If you have further questions on this, I would recommend that you directly contact us on our HelpDes and include the specific links that you refer to so that we could take a closer look.

Thanks, I just sent details to the help desk.