Options

Avoid SEO

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited May 19, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hi there,
a question that is perhaps the opposite of what most people would ask for. I would like to share my web page in a "state" where it would not be captured easily from search engines.
I tend to travel a lot and also to experiement with different styles of photography.

Part of this work is to make casting call for models or offer free services when I try something new.

I would like to ask you how I could share my web page, where contact details and portofolio are there and at the same time stay out (as much as possible) from SEO engines tracking my free offers.

Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited May 12, 2016
    alaios wrote: »
    I would like to ask you how I could share my web page, where contact details and portofolio are there and at the same time stay out (as much as possible) from SEO engines tracking my free offers.
    If you don't want your site to be found by search engines you can set your site visibility to No (or Homepage Only).

Go to Account Settings, Discovery, Search and set Google Search Visibility and Smugmug Search Visibility as desired.
    Note that setting Google Search Visibility to No will not show your site in search engines - although I suspect it will take some time for the change to be recognized.

See What privacy options are available with SmugMug?

--- Denise
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2016
    Thanks for the answer.
    But once my advertisement is not due and my web site is back on google visibility search that could still index my old advertisements.
    Right?