RapidFetcher - Bulk download galleries for Mac/Win/Linux

Comments

• raamraam Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    If the filename of files in the same album are the same, they will be be overwritten. There was a previous feature request to preserve filenames.

Ram
    I love this uploaded, but today I have been having a problem. I see it downloading (57 of 147....) and it completes all the downloading, but in my destination folder, there are only 23 photos? Any suggestions would be more than appreciated!

UPDATE!!!

I noticed the names of the pictures were copied over and over (Bridget 2 was labeled on 5 different photos) so I erased all the labels...now there are none. SO....I will now try to label them numerically...

WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR CAPTION/KEYWORDS??? THIS IS THE QUESTION.
    edited May 24, 2010
    I have a new version of RapidFetcher available here:

http://api.appcelerator.net/p/v1/download?token=M4mkGHf6

This is a completely new build. Can you give it a spin, and let me know if this resolves the zero byte problem?

Thanks,
    Ram
    ADubin wrote: »
    First let me thank you for your quick response. I really appreciated it.

The Album Title I just tried again is Naples, Fl Vacation - April 2010 and it came with zero file again. Is there any other things I need to worried about setting up associated RapidFetcher V.28 on my Mac? ADubin
  • JPetermanJPeterman Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    raam wrote: »

Ram

Tried it on Windows 7 32 bit. Looks great, but it didn't work for me yet.
    1) email and password are off to the right in the Credentials area. Had to scroll, minor problem.
    2) Download Settings has the text "files will be saved in" implying that I have an option to choose a location but no text box is visible.
    3) Download button doesn't seem to activate any downloads.

I love the URL credentials tab! It's exactly what I was hoping for and it seems to work for my situation (unlisted gallery that has no password).

JP
    edited May 24, 2010

Thanks,
    Ram

Since you asked for feedback...

I tried it in OS X 10.5.8. Text boxes for the login are in the correct location. Hitting return after entering login info defaults to the "clear" button when it would probably be the ""Login" button. Same problem as I had on Windows 7 with the Download Settings tab in that there is no "Files will be saved in" text box and the "Download" button doesn't seem to do anything.

Looking very good though! We appreciate your hard work!
    JP
    edited May 25, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it and the time you have taken for testing it. I have fixed these bugs (at least in the Mac version). Please give it a try, and let me know.

Thanks,
    Ram
    JPeterman wrote: »
    Since you asked for feedback...

I tried it in OS X 10.5.8. Text boxes for the login are in the correct location. Hitting return after entering login info defaults to the "clear" button when it would probably be the ""Login" button. Same problem as I had on Windows 7 with the Download Settings tab in that there is no "Files will be saved in" text box and the "Download" button doesn't seem to do anything.

Looking very good though! We appreciate your hard work!
    JP
    edited May 25, 2010
    OS X 10.5.8 - Works and looks great!

Windows 7 - Login Credentials still require a scroll to find (off to the right). The Download Settings tab looks and works great (just like OS X). The square box that bounds the login and download tabs extends a bit to the right past the seperator line. Probably as a result of this, the album list is now bumped down below the lower edge of the Download Settings tab. Probably just need to give the left portion of the application more space. This was not an issue with the previous build.

Love it!
    edited May 26, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to get access to a windows machine to fix this.

Ram
    JPeterman wrote: »
    OS X 10.5.8 - Works and looks great!

Windows 7 - Login Credentials still require a scroll to find (off to the right). The Download Settings tab looks and works great (just like OS X). The square box that bounds the login and download tabs extends a bit to the right past the seperator line. Probably as a result of this, the album list is now bumped down below the lower edge of the Download Settings tab. Probably just need to give the left portion of the application more space. This was not an issue with the previous build.

Love it!
  • dborasdboras Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    JDub wrote: »
    I have to personally say thank you so much! This application works like a charm. I downloaded all my photos to my computer, since I just purchased a 1TB HDD. The wedding galleries, with over 2000 photos, downloaded perfectly with your program. The other smugmug photo grabber program, who will remain nameless, timed out after only downloading 200 pictures, and aborted itself. WTH! But yours, works beautifully. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

can you please tell me what did you download to get your files on
    a cd, I have a wedding I need to make a cd of
    thanks
    deb
  • dborasdboras Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    Rapid Fetcher
    loaded the program selected the gallery loaded, the gallery had 1444 photogaphs it only loads 705
    took the program off reloaded selected the gallery same thing only loaded 705

We are three photographers looks like it only loaded one photographer maybe,

Question Why wont it load the gallery just like it is??
    What do I need to do to get this gallery on a cd, I dont have any cd of this wedding long story short it is only on smugmug, and I need a copy
    can anyone help
    thanks

www.lesamisphotography.smugmug.com

deb
  • PhotoGuy40PhotoGuy40 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2010
    ADubin wrote: »
    I just downloaded Adobe Air, RapidFetcher and donated $13.99, and it doesn't work on my MacBook Pro with OS Snow Leopard V 10.6.3. All I get is the file name downloaded names with zero file size. I tried from it from tiny image to original URL. What must I do to fix this problem??? ADubin

I have the same problem!ne_nau.gif

Nikon D700
    Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8
    Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8

http://www.BernardFrazier.com
  • tatianaspichigertatianaspichiger Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 10, 2010
    Mistake
    Hi!

I followed all the steps but when i download one of my galleries it's seems to me correct but when i check all my pictures were in plain text not in JPEG!
    What does it mean??? Please help me!!!!

Regards

Taty
  • DoctroidDoctroid Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2010
    Memory leak
    Tried this under Mac OS X 10.6.3. Seems to work great except -- looks like a memory leak. It chews up increasing amounts of memory (and disk swap space) until it crashes after maybe a few hundred photos.
    edited June 14, 2010
    Hi!

I followed all the steps but when i download one of my galleries it's seems to me correct but when i check all my pictures were in plain text not in JPEG!
    What does it mean??? Please help me!!!!

Regards

Taty

Not sure why this is happening. Did you change the default reader for image files to an editor? What version of RapidFetcher are you using?

Thanks,
    Ram
    edited June 14, 2010
    Doctroid wrote: »
    Tried this under Mac OS X 10.6.3. Seems to work great except -- looks like a memory leak. It chews up increasing amounts of memory (and disk swap space) until it crashes after maybe a few hundred photos.

Strange. Are you using the Titanium version / AdobeAir version?
    Thanks for bringing this to my notice.

Ram
  • tatianaspichigertatianaspichiger Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 14, 2010
    Strange. Are you using the Titanium version / AdobeAir version?
    Thanks for bringing this to my notice.

Ram

Hi again

I do have the Titanium Version/ AdobeAir RapidFetcher 0.54. Today i tried again, the result was PLAIN TEXT, i couldn't open any picture.
    I choose original size but i don't know if i can change any preferences!!

Regards

Taty
  • scowittscowitt Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 14, 2010
    I just had the exact same problem! First gallery has 296 photos, both tries the downloader stops after 151 photos, although RapidFetcher states that the other 145 are still in the queue. HELP!
  • scowittscowitt Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 15, 2010
    I downloaded RapidFetcher yesterday through Titanium, to my almost new Windows 7 laptop. I have several galleries that I need to download. Tried the first one, that has 296 photos, and twice the download pulled 151 photos and then no more, although RapidFetcher showed that there were still the remaining 145 photos in the download queue. Please advise - thanks!
  • maigaardmaigaard Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    New native version: folder structure issues
    I love the new native application that no longer uses Adobe AIR.
    I run it on a Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard.

When I choose a folder to download, it correctly creates the download path such as:
    /documents/RFimages/category/subcategory

However, as opposed to before, it now adds two new folders:
    /documents/RFimages/category/subcategory/largest/
    /documents/RFimages/category/subcategory/original/

This means that videos and photos are no longer in the same folder and that we now have a folder structure locally that does not match the folder structure of Smugmug.
    The reason this is a bit annoying is that you cannot easily browse a subcategory, and Picasa will use the subfolders instead of a single folder with videos and photos.

Any chance this can be fixed so we get both videos and photos from a subcategory into the subcategory folder /documents/RFimages/category/subcategory?

Thanks!

/Søren
    edited June 23, 2010
    This is one of the features I will be adding in the pro version.

Ram
    maigaard wrote: »
    I love the new native application that no longer uses Adobe AIR.
    I run it on a Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard.

When I choose a folder to download, it correctly creates the download path such as:
    /documents/RFimages/category/subcategory

However, as opposed to before, it now adds two new folders:
    /documents/RFimages/category/subcategory/largest/
    /documents/RFimages/category/subcategory/original/

This means that videos and photos are no longer in the same folder and that we now have a folder structure locally that does not match the folder structure of Smugmug.
    The reason this is a bit annoying is that you cannot easily browse a subcategory, and Picasa will use the subfolders instead of a single folder with videos and photos.

Any chance this can be fixed so we get both videos and photos from a subcategory into the subcategory folder /documents/RFimages/category/subcategory?

Thanks!

/Søren
    edited June 23, 2010
    scowitt wrote: »
    I downloaded RapidFetcher yesterday through Titanium, to my almost new Windows 7 laptop. I have several galleries that I need to download. Tried the first one, that has 296 photos, and twice the download pulled 151 photos and then no more, although RapidFetcher showed that there were still the remaining 145 photos in the download queue. Please advise - thanks!

This is most probably a network related issue. Is there something specific about the file that didn't get downloaded that you can gather? Does this work on a different gallery?
    edited June 23, 2010
    What are the contents of the text file? How big are the files? Is it possible you have set the file extension to be opened by your editor?

Thanks,
    Ram
    Hi again

I do have the Titanium Version/ AdobeAir RapidFetcher 0.54. Today i tried again, the result was PLAIN TEXT, i couldn't open any picture.
    I choose original size but i don't know if i can change any preferences!!

Regards

Taty
  • maigaardmaigaard Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2010
    Great news.
    When will this version be out?
    And can you tease us with what else you have planned for it?

/Soren

This is one of the features I will be adding in the pro version.

Ram
  • jaysusjaysus Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 9, 2010
    Rapid Fetcher only saves some from a gallery
    I downloaded the Rapidfetcher and it is exactly what I need, but it doesn't work for me. I've tried several times on a Mac and a PC, but the program only saves certain photos from the gallery that I am working on. Any ideas?

Jay
    UPDATE (May 24, 2010): There is a completely new build (not Adobe-AIR based) here ( http://bit.ly/rapidfetcher ) that should fix some of the issues with zero byte files. This is BETA (and has been tested only on a Mac), but please do report bugs/quirks that you find.

Hey guys,

I wrote a tiny Adobe AIR application that pulls images/videos from people's galleries. The application (and download instructions) can be found here . It's very early - does the basic stuff. It would be great if I could get your feedback / request features.

Ram

Installation Instructions for Old Adobe AIR application.

1. Download and install Adobe AIR installer from here: http://get.adobe.com/air/ (if you don't have it installed already)
    1. Go to this page: http://rf-smugmug.appspot.com/latest/index.html
    2. Click on the Install Now button
    3. Click "Open" in the dialog. (This should install RapidFetcher in your Applications Directory)

==========================================
    UPDATE [Version 0.50] (May 24, 2010)

There is a completely new build here that should fix some of the issues with zero byte files. This is BETA, but please do report quirks that you find.

1. Fixes zero-byte download issue.
    2. Allows for URL-based download
    3. Supports "largest" Video Size.

===========================================
    UPDATE [Version 0.27] (Jan 4, 2010)

1. Automatic check for a newer version on startup.
    2. Faster download speeds.

UPDATE [Version 0.26] (Jan 2, 2010)

1. Added support for downloading into separate directories per category/subcategory/album
    2. Added better integration of progress.
    3. Added support for Album specific passwords
    4. Fixed filenames to reflect the names given while uploading.

UPDATE [Version 0.21] (March 4, 2009)

1. Fixed a bug that prevented images to be downloaded from Subcategories.

UPDATE [Version 0.20] (Feb 19, 2009)

1. Now allows Original downloads.
    2. Logout button added.
    3. Added Progress bar on downloads.

• SnoggerSnogger Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 14, 2010
    Help With Rapid Fetcher...
    To RAAM -

I tried the new rapidfetcher as noted here...
    UPDATE (May 24, 2010): There is a completely new build (not Adobe-AIR based) here ( http://bit.ly/rapidfetcher ) that should fix some of the issues with zero byte files. This is BETA (and has been tested only on a Mac), but please do report bugs/quirks that you find.
    I got it downloaded and installed but call me dense - I was not able to get past the login. All I have is permission to download the albums from the owner and the URL for the SmugMug site. Can you help me get these downloaded. This is my second attempt to get this to work - first was about 6 months ago. Please note the following:

The site has mostly, if not all, videos and is estimated at about 500 MB total. I don't know anything about the size of the video - resolution wise.

Please help me get these downloaded headscratch.gif
    edited July 14, 2010
    Could you please give me some more information on the images that don't get downloaded - num images in the album, resolution etc.?

Thanks,
    Ram
    jaysus wrote: »
    I downloaded the Rapidfetcher and it is exactly what I need, but it doesn't work for me. I've tried several times on a Mac and a PC, but the program only saves certain photos from the gallery that I am working on. Any ideas?

Jay
  • DougsPicsDougsPics Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 14, 2010
    Could you please give me some more information on the images that don't get downloaded - num images in the album, resolution etc.?

Thanks,
    Ram

All I get is one album when I put it into the URL directory, it creates the folders and tells me all files downloaded no images in any of the folders.

using user email and password I get loggin in and nothing

My pc lap top gives me 143 files then stops tried this twice today.

I downloaded it both on a mac and a PC
  • vinnieevinniee Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 15, 2010
    Big bug
    I have a windows Vista PC MAC . PC Downloads 177 files and stops. I removed the file it was stopping on thinking it was the image . It still stops at the same point. Not working on the mac at all.

Hey guys,

I wrote a tiny Adobe AIR application that pulls images/videos from people's galleries. The application (and download instructions) can be found here . It's very early - does the basic stuff. It would be great if I could get your feedback / request features.

Ram

Installation Instructions for Old Adobe AIR application.

1. Download and install Adobe AIR installer from here: http://get.adobe.com/air/ (if you don't have it installed already)
    1. Go to this page: http://rf-smugmug.appspot.com/latest/index.html
    2. Click on the Install Now button
    3. Click "Open" in the dialog. (This should install RapidFetcher in your Applications Directory)

==========================================
    UPDATE [Version 0.50] (May 24, 2010)

There is a completely new build here that should fix some of the issues with zero byte files. This is BETA, but please do report quirks that you find.

1. Fixes zero-byte download issue.
    2. Allows for URL-based download
    3. Supports "largest" Video Size.

UPDATE [Version 0.27] (Jan 4, 2010)

1. Automatic check for a newer version on startup.
    2. Faster download speeds.

UPDATE [Version 0.26] (Jan 2, 2010)

1. Added support for downloading into separate directories per category/subcategory/album
    2. Added better integration of progress.
    3. Added support for Album specific passwords
    4. Fixed filenames to reflect the names given while uploading.

UPDATE [Version 0.21] (March 4, 2009)

1. Fixed a bug that prevented images to be downloaded from Subcategories.

UPDATE [Version 0.20] (Feb 19, 2009)

1. Now allows Original downloads.
    2. Logout button added.
    3. Added Progress bar on downloads.

• AllYoursVPPAllYoursVPP Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2010
    Grrrrrrr
    So I love you and all, and greatly appreciate the app during the absence of /*CD's.

The interface I see when I download it is just....a mangled mess.

Regardless it worked, and then for some reason the last 30 photos wouldn't download, and the app would close. Grr, but ok.

NOW though, after a reinstall, it will download between 40 and 100 photos and then just.....stops. For hours with no forward motion.

I've been using it for about 4 months, and have reinstalled a few times during that period. Normally it's a non issue, but until my assistant grows half a brain and can use the ftp client I've set up for her (or I fire her), this is where I'm stuck.

Any ideas?

Grr-full grateful for your time.

Allie
  • TheMattManTheMattMan Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 22, 2010
    I am having the same troubles as others. Freezes about mid way through. Have one gallery that I have tried several times with about 300 photos in it and it freezes at around 120 and leaves 153 not downloaded. Most of the photos are in the 3-4mb range.

Using your windows 32bit verstion
    On a new pc running Windows 7.
    Cable modem
    8gigs ram
    i7 pentium

Hope you get it figured out... seems to be a really great program.

Matt
  • AllYoursVPPAllYoursVPP Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    Firefox Fire universal uploader/downloader
    Fire universal uploader/downloader

It's one of the options on the list of down loaders, and I did some research on all of them. This is by far the best, easiest, and least disruptive. You'll need to be operating Firefox to work it, but I'm in love with it. It's so fast, and as a wedding photographer who averages 200 weddings a year...I need fast.

As much as I love the smugmug uploader (I was having troubles with it too) and the concept of rapid fetcher) this has actually been better for me overall.

Hope that helps.