Urban Life - Post your photos here

2»

Comments

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2016
    torags wrote: »
    Yup, Sicily .... in Taormina

I'd like to go there sometime.... they say "Vedi Napoli, poi mori".... rolleyes1.gif

- Have you seen Mori? Ha, ha, it's a game of words rolleyes1.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    I would recommend it... it's really romantic... like Cinque Terre
    Rags
  • Options
    torags wrote: »
    I would recommend it... it's really romantic... like Cinque Terre

One of those 100 places to see before you die...
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2016
    Löwenbräu brewery in Munich, Germany

munchen-lowenbrau-2-X2.jpg
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,744 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2016
  • Options
    GSPeP wrote: »
    Vienna

What an interesting place and architecture!
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    Granada viewed from the Alhambra hill, Spain

Granada-3-X2.jpg
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2016
    Ottawa Canada, Byward Market area at dusk

byward2-ill-XL.jpg
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    Vegas

DSC_0185-X3.jpg
    Rags
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    I wish some mod would kill this thread. " Documentary " has been the home of this kind of stuff for a long time. This thread adds nothing but needless confusion as to where some postings should go. Same can be said for some of the other threads. Hell, doors show up everywhere, landscapes abound, old buildings proliferate, etc., etc. ...and who knows what thread they'll be in.

Reduce all this rubble into one big, all-inclusive, thread and call it something like " Pot Luck ". Aficionados of such a gathering can have at it and the rest of us can return to more comfortable operations.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    Tom I appreciate your position, but look at the hits

Add up all the looks on the first page (or second - third) of documentary and they won't come near the 7,700 views of Post Your Art

Don't take my word for it - look at the traffic of all of them

I don't think the traffic has been as high since I joined

Fair to say most are snap shots but look at the interest they draw

But shots in Documentary aren't always terrific either

In a time when dslrs are being challenged, it might be productive to keep the interest level as high as possible

Personally I'm having more fun and reliving some of the times I took the shots at a time when my photography interest is waning

I'm on other forums where the posters are extremely knowledgeable and some pros but they are not as much fun

All the best
    Rags
  • Options
    I wish some mod would kill this thread. " Documentary " has been the home of this kind of stuff for a long time. This thread adds nothing but needless confusion as to where some postings should go. Same can be said for some of the other threads. Hell, doors show up everywhere, landscapes abound, old buildings proliferate, etc., etc. ...and who knows what thread they'll be in.

Reduce all this rubble into one big, all-inclusive, thread and call it something like " Pot Luck ". Aficionados of such a gathering can have at it and the rest of us can return to more comfortable operations.

Tom

Yeah, too bad... if you guys want to kill this, do it!

Are you saying that I cannot show images on urbanscapes (urban landscapes which for me are travel photos in an urban environment), because there is a place called " Documentary " with single posts that doesn't even allow urban landscapes?

I'm sorry, but it doesn't make too much sense to me... ne_nau.gif can you please explain?

I don't really understand your confusion.... Should we keep our photos just for ourselves and not post them because somebody wants to play confused?

Are you saying that the participants in this thread who posted specific street/photojournalism photos should have made single posts in the " Documentary " place?
    ... and what if they DON'T want to do that? Should they keep those photos for themselves?

What are you 2 guys Richard and Tom actually proposing?
    - You just dropped some (kinda offending why not to say it) statements here from the hight of your guru towers and don't give us any clarifications...

Can you please give us pertinent reasons about why this thread (or others) should be killed? What do you propose us to do with our photos?

Thanks
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2016
    travelways wrote: »
    Yeah, too bad... if you guys want to kill this, do it!

Are you saying that I cannot show images on urbanscapes (urban landscapes which for me are travel photos in an urban environment), because there is a place called " Documentary " with single posts that doesn't even allow urban landscapes?

I'm sorry, but it doesn't make too much sense to me... ne_nau.gif can you please explain?

I don't really understand your confusion.... Should we keep our photos just for ourselves and not post them because somebody wants to play confused?

Are you saying that the participants in this thread who posted specific street/photojournalism photos should have made single posts in the " Documentary " place?
    ... and what if they DON'T want to do that? Should they keep those photos for themselves?

What are you 2 guys Richard and Tom actually proposing?
    - You just dropped some (kinda offending why not to say it) statements here from the hight of your guru towers and don't give us any clarifications...

Can you please give us pertinent reasons about why this thread (or others) should be killed? What do you propose us to do with our photos?

Thanks

You suffer from the erroneous belief that I'm personally confused. Let me educate you on that point. My remarks about confusion were meant to draw consideration for the new member who would like to get things going but doesn't quite know how to hack his way through this jungle of threads....which are most often unnecessarily competing with existing capabilities.

I suggest your time would be better spent partitioning the appropriate mods to create a new sub-forum ( call it whatever you like ) and get y'all out of " Other Cool Shots ". Those that want to throw up thousands of shots will have their happy hunting ground. The rest of us can settle back into a sane environment.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,925 moderator
    edited September 25, 2016
    OK, time for a breather here. This thread is closed till further notice. Any attempt to carry the argument on elsewhere will be sanctioned.
This discussion has been closed.