Getting setup for a speed record run...

DSC_0089-X3.jpg

DSC_0090-X3.jpg
Rags

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2016
    I like the first shot particularly with the salt flats and mountains in the background. The second doesn't look complete with the front cut off, but it does give more view of the 'innards'. Did they set the speed record?

Interesting contraption. eek7.gif They've taken all the pretty aerodynamic shape and traded for ugly. And, by the way, it would easily fit in our driveway - but I'd rather have a classic sitting in it. mwink.gif
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
    edited September 21, 2016
    That's insane--think I'll wait for the autonomous, electric version lol3.gif.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,179 moderator
    Should I assume there will soon be a shell installed around all this? I can't imagine this running the way it looks in the pictures.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    What record was being attempted?
    Some ground level shots would've been nice, too :)

pp
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    Shell was put on...

Bonneville Speed Week is scheduled to allow for anybody with a motor vehicle of any kind to get a recorded time trail.

I spent some time with a fellow who worked these events for Honda motorcycle

He was supporting a 15yr old gal who was going to be the first female on a timed Goldwing; that would be the beginning of the record that other might try to break

There is an interesting subculture there, called the Rusties whose vehicles have been rusted by the salt (the opposite of a garage queen.. :D

DSC_0159-X3.jpg

DSC_0202-X3.jpg

My favorite...

DSC_0181-X3.jpg
    Rags