Client login

marcogolfomarcogolfo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited September 23, 2014 in SmugMug Support
is there a way of setting it up so my client area shows a log in section i.e. a client has to put their email or a password or something in, instead of showing all my client galleries, thanks

Comments

• mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2014
    There's no way to do it in SmugMug. This is a third party solution.
    http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Client-login-system
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • marcogolfomarcogolfo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    Thank you
    That looks complicated, I might have a go tomorrow or later this evening and see how I get on
  • mishenkamishenka Banned Posts: 470 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2014
    Does SM plan to implement this feature in a near future or, perhaps, is working on the implementation already?
  • LiveAwakeLiveAwake Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2014
    I would also very much like to see this feature created. Clients should be able to simply log in and be brought to their personal page, showing any galleries or images that we assign to them (or that they collect as favorites in our public galleries).
    Thanks!
    edited February 3, 2014
    Will this work with the legacy smug mug? These instructions seem to be for the new smugmug sites! Thanks
    edited February 3, 2014
    Does SM plan to implement this feature in a near future or, perhaps, is working on the implementation already?
    edited February 3, 2014
    Ok, I'm upgrading to the new smug mug sites to ge tthis working. I've mailed sherlock but had no reply?
    edited February 3, 2014
    marcogolfo wrote: »
    Ok, I'm upgrading to the new smug mug sites to ge tthis working. I've mailed sherlock but had no reply?

I think sherlock's instructions are crystal clear. The best, if still have questions, would be to post in this forum.

By the way - does SM plan to implement this feature in a near future or, perhaps, is working on the implementation already?
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2014
    marcogolfo wrote: »

Just be aware that Sherlock is not affiliated with Smugmug.
    All the assistance he provides is voluntary and out of the goodness of his heart.
    ... and he lives in New Zealand which means their may be a time difference.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
    edited February 14, 2014
    Ok, yeah he's been away. Thank you for your help, what a top bloke!
    edited September 18, 2014
    I would STILL like to see Smugmug implement this in native form. I don't like having to rely on a third-party server run by a volunteer who created a work-around. Can any support heros comment on whether this is in the works?

Thanks.
    edited September 23, 2014
    I created a new request in the feedback forum asking for this feature. (There are a few, but none are very specific about how it should work.)

Please follow this link and vote to get this done!!