Options

Getting blocked out while signed in

Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited August 31, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I'm experiencing an interesting problem this morning. When I log into my site, I get this dark opaque screen. I cannot click on anything and every so often my right click warning just pops up even though I cannot left or right click.

Here's a screen shot:

weird%20_zpsyutvj6kt.jpg

Anyone seeing something like this? If I log out, the site seems to be fine. I have tried logging in from different browsers and different computers but getting the same results.
Steve

Website

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    I get basically get the same thing but with a blue popup. Sounds like you have popups disabled.
    See this thread.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=254822
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    Not exactly why it started today after all these years, but I've removed the pop up blocker, cleared the cache, and still getting this opaque screen.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    Not exactly why it started today after all these years, but I've removed the pop up blocker, cleared the cache, and still getting this opaque screen.
    Might be a Smugmug cookie. Clear them. Close browser and reopen.

You're getting the opaque screen with out the popup?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    When refreshing, if I am quick I can manage to get a half page of the opaque screen. It is so odd that it is almost funny.

weird%202_zpsrkbzkqvw.jpg
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    I'm thinking that something changed at smugmug today, because it's happening on my laptop, my desktop, my phone and my tablet. The odds of my pop up blocker or something I may have accidentally done today seem slim because it is happening on so many different browsers and devices. Nothing I've done to fix it has worked yet. I can't click the upload pic, but if I refresh and can click the customize button before the whole site reloads, I can get the blue "tour" screen.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    Whatever was causing it just fixed itself.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    We did just make a change to the way the User Guides are appearing, so that should hopefully have resolved that issue for everyone. If you are still noticing any problems with those user guides, please continue to report in this thread, and we'll take a closer look. Our apologies for the trouble!
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    rnrjosh wrote: »
    We did just make a change to the way the User Guides are appearing, so that should hopefully have resolved that issue for everyone. If you are still noticing any problems with those user guides, please continue to report in this thread, and we'll take a closer look. Our apologies for the trouble!

Fixed it for me across all my devices, thank you! thumb.gif
    Steve

Website