Options

Black cat

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited February 13, 2013 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2013
    I really want to like this one Cristobal, because I love cats, and those yellow eyes are magical, but.... I got nits;
    The loss of detail in the dark areas seems too pronounced and what remains is hard to recognize - the chroma noise in the specular highlights doesn't appeal to me.
    The partially closed eye isn't ideal and the angle could be a bit lower.
    Sorry, but I figured you'd want an honest reaction, fwiw.

The good news is, my cats gave it 2 paws up! :-)
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    I really want to like this one Cristobal, because I love cats, and those yellow eyes are magical, but.... I got nits;
    The loss of detail in the dark areas seems too pronounced and what remains is hard to recognize - the chroma noise in the specular highlights doesn't appeal to me.
    The partially closed eye isn't ideal and the angle could be a bit lower.
    Sorry, but I figured you'd want an honest reaction, fwiw.

The good news is, my cats gave it 2 paws up! :-)

Thanks Eric, that's exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I agree with the angle comment and kind of got stuck in pp. Maybe I just want to get something out of nothing, it happens. Great comment!
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Thanks Eric, that's exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I agree with the angle comment and kind of got stuck in pp. Maybe I just want to get something out of nothing, it happens. Great comment!

Just gotta say, I appreciate reading Eric's comments and the willingness to make direct comments with the intent to provide meaningful feedback. It's a fine line in a forum like dgrin. And, Cristobal... it's refreshing to see your response here embracing the critique. We could use more of this kind of commenting. Kudos to you both!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,920 moderator
    edited February 11, 2013
    Guess I'm too late to this party--the image seems to have gone home. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    Guess I'm too late to this party--the image seems to have gone home. headscratch.gif

Sorry Richard, it was unintentional. I moved within my site and the link broke I guess. Here it goes again

cz_2013_0028-18-XL.jpg
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,920 moderator
    edited February 13, 2013
    OK, I see it now. I love the idea, but I'm afraid Eric nailed it. Really close, but ultimately flawed. Hopefully you'll get another chance. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    OK, I see it now. I love the idea, but I'm afraid Eric nailed it. Really close, but ultimately flawed. Hopefully you'll get another chance. thumb.gif

Thanks, I'll give it another shot if I have a chance.