SOLD: 30GB Portable Photo Storage/Viewer!

photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
edited July 28, 2005 in Flea Market
This item is now SOLD, @ asking price -- thanks to all who inquiried!
30GB(+) Portable Photo Hard Drive /Photo Viewer (Godot model #DPV-01)
Like New! (used on a one-week vacation)
asking: $116 (with free shipping in U.S.)
The DPV-01 ("Digital Photo Viewer") is a small, portable, hard-drive based photo storage/viewing device. Works great! It's about the size of two packs of cigarettes, so can easily fit in a camera bag or even a jacket pocket. You can copy directly from a flash card (CompactFlash, CF microdrive, SD/MMC, SmartMedia, or the various flavors of Memory Stick) to its internal 2.5" 30GB hard drive. It copies all the files from the memory card to the hard drive, regardless of type -- JPG, RAW, MP3, MPEG ... spreadsheets, text files, everything.

You can display photos directly onto a video screen (e.g. TV) with composite video input (without need for a PC). Or you can connect it to a PC or Mac via its high-speed USB 2.0 interface and upload your photos (it simply shows up as another disk drive on your computer). It runs off of an internal, rechargable battery, so is completely portable.

I used this on a one-week vacation trip (when I really needed the extra storage!) and it worked great. Everything is included, like-new (the plastic protective film is even still on the LCD screen). I'm only selling it because I don't expect I'll need a hard-drive based portable storage unit again for quite a while, so would rather free up the cash toward other camera equipment (not that anyone on DGrin would understand that! :wink).

It has the following features:

• [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]USB 2.0 interface to computer

[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two memory card slots (1:CF or Micro Drive 2: SD, MMC, MS, MS-Pro, MS-Duo, SMC)[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Supports hot swapping for card reader use[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Large LCD showing operating states[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Built-in rechargeable battery charged through AC / DC adapter[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Driverless for operating in Win ME / 2000 / XP, MAC 9.0 or later[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Compact and Lightweight (take it anywhere)[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] IR Remote Control for photo viewing use with OSD (TV on-screen display) function[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AV jack for output to TV by one RCA cable (cable included)[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For photo viewing, no PC, laptop, or software is required

[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Supports JPEG and MJPEG files viewing/playback[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OSD support multiple languages, also switches between NTSC and PAL formats[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Automatic Slide Show Delay (from 0 to 60 seconds)[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fast photo-to-photo loading time[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Directory tree based photo navigation architecture[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can upgrade the hard drive to 60GB or more yourself, if you wish. Just open it up, swap out the drive, and via the USB connection tethered to a PC, format the drive.

[/font]The following is included in the box:
  • Leather carrying case
  • USB 2.0 cable
  • AV cable (composite video)
  • Users Guide
  • AC adapter for charging battery
  • Remote Control
  • Installation CD [only needed for Win98, I think - see manual]
  • 30GB 2.5" hard drive (pre-installed & ready to go)
Manufacturer's specs: http://www.godot.com.tw/products/video/dpv01-all.htm
(Note that the manufacturer's page describes it without a hard drive installed; this unit has a 30GB hard drive.)
  • Packed in original box with all accessories and owner's manual
  • Like New!
  • No sales tax
  • Will ship free to anywhere in U.S. via Parcel Post (or will upgrade to Priority Mail for $4 difference)
  • Check or PayPal OK
Feel free to contact me with any questions. You can check my feedback on DGrin (photobug), eBay (gw1005) or Amazon(av-tools). Nearly 200 feedbacks, and they're 100% positive.

Contact me via DGrin Private Message, or via email.

= photobug
Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

Comments

• photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    More info -- re files it will copy (everything!)
    Added info to above posting:
    It copies all the files from the memory card to the hard drive, regardless of type -- JPG, RAW, MP3, MPEG ... spreadsheets, text files, everything.
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...