Options

A Feast For The RUST JUNKIES

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited February 12, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
This is an impressionist's interpretation of rust. This is a single shot taken of an old truck's rusty hood. I let the sliders fly ( as usual ) but otherwise there were no changes. Luckily, it came out this way....the mist and trees in the foreground, the green mountain range at center, and the sky at top.

mountains%20past%20012-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited February 9, 2013
    Cool. thumb.gif
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    Cool. thumb.gif
    deal.gif

thumb.gif

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    Love it!! I saw the trees and sky immediately--excellent impressionist view! Is that your new old truck? rolleyes1.gif
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    That's a fun one Tom!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    Cool. thumb.gif

Many thanks for the look-see, Richard.

Stay safe,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    deal.gif

thumb.gif

:D

Don

I appreciate the visit, Don. It's nice to have your support.

Tom
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2013
    redleash wrote: »
    Love it!! I saw the trees and sky immediately--excellent impressionist view! Is that your new old truck? rolleyes1.gif

It's always great when you drop by, Lauren. Many thanks.

I've here-to-fore been mostly focused on finding an old truck that needs some restoration. I've pretty much decided, though, to change course on that. I don't have the time...or, more to the point, the inclination...to do the work myself. And after many talks with guys who can do the work, and do it right, the cost factor looms really large. Therefore, I'm now going to look for that person who had one done up right, is wanting to move on to another project, and who knows he's going to have to absorb a loss to dump the one he has ( as is invariably the case with this kind of stuff ).

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    That's a fun one Tom!

As you know, Eric, one of the thrills of shooting rust is that you never really know how it's going to turn out until you commence the thrashing of the sliders in the PP work. This shot, with the impressionist look, just sort of happened that way...it was not by design or intent.

Take care my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    What a neat effect, Tom!
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    Very cool... and I'm not talking white balance!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2013
    moose135 wrote: »
    What a neat effect, Tom!

Thanks for the visit, John. I sort of surprised myself with this one.

Tom
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2013
    billseye wrote: »
    Very cool... and I'm not talking white balance!

Thanks, Bill. I think all of us RUST JUNKIES are sometimes surprised at how a shot turns out when we put the mojo on rust. For me, this is one of those times.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    Design and intent enough to get this result. thumb.gif One heck of a very cool "unexpected" piece of work.
    Nice to see your out there intentionally looking for just the "right" maybe's to bring interesting visuals like this one into being.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Design and intent enough to get this result. thumb.gif One heck of a very cool "unexpected" piece of work.
    Nice to see your out there intentionally looking for just the "right" maybe's to bring interesting visuals like this one into being.

Well, Michael, from someone, as yourself, whose known for exploring the depths of creativity to produce significant works, I take this as a supreme complement. Thank you.

Tom
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2013
    As you know, Eric, one of the thrills of shooting rust is that you never really know how it's going to turn out until you commence the thrashing of the sliders in the PP work. This shot, with the impressionist look, just sort of happened that way...it was not by design or intent.

Take care my friend,

Tom

Well done Tom! a master rust junkie!
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2013
    Howdy Pard,

I do believe that you have both feet out of the box now thumb.gif

I like it!!!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Well done Tom! a master rust junkie!

We do have our fun with this stuff, don't we guy? Thanks for the kind words.

Tom
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2013
    rwells wrote: »
    Howdy Pard,

I do believe that you have both feet out of the box now thumb.gif

I like it!!!

If it warrants your critical acclaim, buddy, then I'm ecstatic.

Take care,

Tom