Sweet dreams

JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
edited November 25, 2014 in Wildlife
pretty fierce place to sleep, not hidden, but I imagine the daggers would keep a bunch of larger critters away.

Any critique? ISO wasn't too high, 1600, with a m43 camera, but I was pretty aggressive with the noise reduction, I like the softness it adds, also didn't stretch out the exposure because I liked it kind of dark, but I do have a pretty bright monitor.

i-BTSRCXM-XL.jpg
Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.

Comments

• JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2014
    and another one. similar processing a little easier on the noise reduction, critique welcome.

i-GRgSQRL-M.jpg
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2014
    Interesting background / environment, imo (I'm not a great fan of std. blue sky bg) ... and a nice 'find / catch' :)
    None of the supposed technical issues bother me - I just wonder if you've considered cropping to de-centralise the subject in frame ... and for 1, to get rid of the large black bit of bg above the bird at the top of the frame ... ie placing the subject around the upper R thirds point?

pp
  • Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2014
    Neat captures. I guess it feels safe in there. I had those or something similar known as Spanish Bayonets in my yard and I hated them, they seem to reach out and get you!
  • JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2014
    Interesting background / environment, imo (I'm not a great fan of std. blue sky bg) ... and a nice 'find / catch' :)
    None of the supposed technical issues bother me - I just wonder if you've considered cropping to de-centralise the subject in frame ... and for 1, to get rid of the large black bit of bg above the bird at the top of the frame ... ie placing the subject around the upper R thirds point?

pp

I tried some crops like that, but they all seemed to lose a lot of the 3 dimensionality then, and to lose the perception of a surrounding thicket or picket.
    Hunter58 wrote: »
    Neat captures. I guess it feels safe in there. I had those or something similar known as Spanish Bayonets in my yard and I hated them, they seem to reach out and get you!
    There are several plants that have been variously called spanish daggers or spanish bayonets out here. I forgot while I was there to look and remember which plant this was, probably one of the yuccas, but I don't remember.