Smugmug Lightroom plugin is not working correctly with virtual copies

OjaOja Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited August 3, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I am using what I think is the latest version of the smugmug lightroom plugin (2.0.1.3) (why doesn't the plugin update automatically or when you hit update, I had to go to the website to find a version that was compatible with the new smugmug!) until 2.0.1.2 it was just giving error messages all over and ruining the Lightroom publish tree.

Since I had to resync the hierarchy and resync folders I ran into (again - this was an issue with the plugin for a long time) a MAJOR bug with the smugmug plugin in that it deals REALLY badly with virtual copies of images or images that are in smart galleries. It will reidentify the image in every gallery it finds it in. Worse, it allows you to (in the resolve conflict dialogs) link a different Lightroom image to the same image on smugmug for every gallery it finds virtual copies of the image. This is quite bad. It also leads to enormous confusion and duplication in effort as well as possible corruption. Change a thing on the image and now it is mark to republish in many publish galleries. Publishing it in one, does not resolve the "to publish" in another and so you end up duplicating uploading. The image should ONLY show up in Lightroom in the location where the original resides or the Lightroom plugin should somehow be aware of the virtual copy issue and link the instances of the image in the publish service.

Comments

• OjaOja Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    Anybody? This is the most annoying problem with the plugin at the moment. The entire situation with virtual copies and smart galleries is bad even in the web interface in organize (try moving an image that turns out to be a virtual copy) but this problem really keeps me from trusting the plugin at all.