Need Creative Help (Bridal Party Shots)

JDrakeJDrake Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited October 8, 2009 in Weddings
I've got a bride who has specifically said she wants creative shots of her and her bridesmaids etc. that are not the usual shots (IE: the jumping in the air shot/girls gathered around with flowers head shot etc.) Wedding is in two weeks and I've got a bad case of artistic block going on. I was hoping that a couple of folks here might be willing to post some of their creative bridal party shots to help give me a little inspiration. :)

So please help a girl out and post some of your favorite bridal party shots!
The Painting Pony - Raising $ for Equine Cushings Disease Research.

Drake Photography - My Home on the Web

Comments

• tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Take a few moments to look through other photog's websites and blogs. You will find tons of fresh work that way.

And now for the answer you were not looking for... I find that my creativity is best served by simply getting out and shooting. Set up an impromptu shoot with a few local photographers in the next few days and just play around. No need for results, just experiment by doing the things you normally wouldn't do. You might find some new tricks to keep up your sleeve.
  • squiddysquiddy Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    I guess it would depend on how many people were in the wedding party but...

You could get some good facial expression of the girls playing the hand slap game. Where you put your hand in someone's palm and they try to slap your hand before you take it away. That or husband and wife would be cute too.

What about having the girls do the bunny hop in a line with the bride leading?

If there is a tree or pillar near by you can have them behind it with only their heads sticking out... 2 on 1 side and 2 on the other. [my photographer did this with my husband and his guys while i was getting ready]

This cracks me up...
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YnTeTn8BIgo/SrKdLJBX3UI/AAAAAAAACQA/PBgL90Dh3ns/s400/funny+wedding+photo.jpg
  • MishkaMishka Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    I find a lot of inspiration for group shots on Bobbi and Mike's blog: http://www.bobbiandmike.com/blog/

It's worth checking out!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Mishka wrote:
    I find a lot of inspiration
    It's worth checking out!

Ooh good find! Thanks for sharing!