Digital Makeup

ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
edited April 15, 2009 in People
Playing around, trying some digital makeup, playing with some different things to see what I could do with a photo to enhance or change it. Sure can change how a person looks in a photo.

510726232_j2aZs-L.jpg

510726244_WMHqs-L.jpg
LadyTX

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    I like it, tell me more about.... Is there a software that you're using?
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    Looking goood .... curious about your eye-lashes technique mwink.gif, please share!! :D
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    The first thing I thought was Portrait Professional for the face restructuring and the skin retouching. But I'm not sure lol. I like it, it seems like a cool process. Do please share :)
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    Can't speak for our OP, but I have to say that I LOVE my set of eyelash brushes that I downloaded - they're a little fiddly, but I've found them very helpful.

Another thing I do sometimes - since I don't have any makeup software (dying to know what the OP is using!) - is take and make a separate layer of just the lips and using the hue/saturation functioin (sometimes on "colorize) I'll adjust lip colour to a stronger/different colour, then turn down the opacity of that layer. It's very trial and error, but it's kinda fun!

OP, please do share how you did your transformations - they're very fun! thumb.gif
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Ohhhh! I'm in the same boat as everyone else... anxiously awaiting your response to "How'd ya do it"???????? Please share! I could play with this for hours!

clap.gif
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Digital makeup is interesting but as a photographer, I already spend far too much time working in photoshop. It's much easier to hire a decent MUA (makeup artist) for a shoot than to do it in post. I'll often shoot 400 images of a single model for something like a catalog shoot-- I can't imagine having to go back and digitally apply makeup to all those images. eek7.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Heheh...it is fun tho Pete...only on an image or two...heck...400??? forget it :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Not commercial
    Um I think this would be good for selling directly to the consumer - not commercial work. The moms who come with lip gloss and think they have heavy make up on.....
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    Love the eyes and hair affects... I think the lips affect are a bit strong for me though. I found a great resource for this on kelbytraining.com. The guys name is David Cuerdon and he does a phenominal job going through this (his wife is a make up artist with major credits) and he's developed brushes, tools, blush charts and a ton of other things that he shares with you as part of the training. Highly recommended.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    Thanks for all the replies. These are my granddaughters and we made them up for fun. I would not do this with a large amount of photos, too much time. For changing the face shape and opening the eyes some I used liquify. I used an eyelash brush for the eyelashes, each on a separate layer. I painted the eyeshadow and blush on with a soft brush on a separate layer. For the skin I used some cloning. Also I painted with a soft brush picking an appropriate color for each section with the color picker. I also did some dodging and burning. I did some dodging to lighten the hair. I love playing in Photoshop and it was an afternoon of fun for us.
    LadyTX
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    ladytx wrote:
    Thanks for all the replies. These are my granddaughters and we made them up for fun. I would not do this with a large amount of photos, too much time. For changing the face shape and opening the eyes some I used liquify. I used an eyelash brush for the eyelashes, each on a separate layer. I painted the eyeshadow and blush on with a soft brush on a separate layer. For the skin I used some cloning. Also I painted with a soft brush picking an appropriate color for each section with the color picker. I also did some dodging and burning. I did some dodging to lighten the hair. I love playing in Photoshop and it was an afternoon of fun for us.

haha! the fun of make-believe. for me it was red indians "woo-woo-woo-woo"! rolleyes1.gif
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Superb! Really like the effect. I'll have to try it out.

glenn