Options

Photographer Assistants

regionweddingsregionweddings Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited January 1, 2011 in Weddings
I was curious to know if you use assistants during your weddings or if you go it alone? If you do, how much are you paying them and what are their roles?

Last year I worked with three female friends who I had come out at the ceremony, stay through formals and part of the reception. I have a small strobe I use, so they carry that and I have them adjust the women's hair, etc. I think they found it more work than they thought it would be. I did pay them, but as I expand I will probably have to increase this pay and try to find more permanent help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2010
    Check local High schools that offer Photography as a course, talk with teachers to find ones that are genuinely interested in learning...or local colleges....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    chris5olsonchris5olson Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    i use my sister or husband. They both had pretty good knowledge of the camera, and can take pretty decent photos.
    In My Bag:
    Canon Rebel XSi. Canon 50mm f/1.4. Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6. Speedlite 430exII
    Coming Soon
    Canon 5DmkII. Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L