More youth ski racing on Mt Hood

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited February 9, 2010 in Sports
The 2nd day of the 4-way competition on Mt Hood is the GS race. It was a tough day for my son. He crashed and slid into the netting at the top of the course which he thought was pretty cool. He was mostly bummed that his coach didn't get it on video!

I was looking through some of my older races and noticed that I favored shooting right-footed gates (turns to the racer's left) so I wanted to try a couple of different things. Here are a couple of my favorite shots from the day.

#1 Couldn't get a way from the the right-footed turn completely...
783507375_3RKbG-L.jpg

#2 Ok - so another right-footed turn but look at her smile!
783507628_DXGgP-L.jpg

#3 A little soft but I like this one...
783511454_zH8vy-L.jpg

#4 Here's a left-footed turn!
783504082_TSAAG-L.jpg
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    Great shots... I love the vibrant colors of their clothes against the white snow.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    Nice job....thanks for not a lot of butt shots. you know the race, how to get a shot with poles tight and looking for the next gate. Well done.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    DeeCajun wrote:
    Great shots... I love the vibrant colors of their clothes against the white snow.
    Thanks! The colors in the racesuits is one of my favorite things about pictures from ski racing! Those colors combined with a high overcast skies makes for a nice combination!
    Mike J

Facebook
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    leaforte wrote:
    Nice job....thanks for not a lot of butt shots. you know the race, how to get a shot with poles tight and looking for the next gate. Well done.
    Thanks! The gates/poles always help provide context for me. I learned from others the importance of getting the eyes in sports shots so that is always my goal.

Butt shots - I've never seen the point of butt shots unless they provide some context to the race (which is why I like #3:D)
    Mike J

Facebook