Options

Goat Haunt Ranger Station

SpenceSpence Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited April 13, 2016 in Landscapes
Greetings ..
When my Bride and I were in Glacier National park a while back we had the unique opportunity to visit the "Goat Haunt" ranger station. It's at the south end of Wateron Lakes park (the Canadian side of Glacier) and you start in Canada and then cross back into the US about half way down the lake. If you wanted to you could hike back into the park from the ranger station but the nearest "road" is 17 miles away. A very isolated area. As to where the name "Goat Haunt" came from - no one could say for sure
Hope you enjoy
Spence
http://spencerrice.smugmug.com

Glacier%206-13%20241-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2016
    So serene. I have never been to Glacier so I always enjoy seeing pictures from it. I like your composition, although I would like to see a bit more water at the bottom and less sky. The clouds are overexposed so they don't add anything. IMO the image would have more impact if you cropped it to a panorama, maybe cutting the top down to the top of the mountain on the left. You didn't ask for input, but there's my 2 cents. Regardless, you've captured a beautiful place and I am glad you shared it.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2016
    Lovely setting Spence. I second what Laura said. One way to keep sky from getting hot like this is to invest in grad filter. Bit more of water or suggested crop would definitely be awesome!
    keep em coming!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2016
    redleash wrote: »
    So serene. I have never been to Glacier so I always enjoy seeing pictures from it. I like your composition, although I would like to see a bit more water at the bottom and less sky. The clouds are overexposed so they don't add anything. IMO the image would have more impact if you cropped it to a panorama, maybe cutting the top down to the top of the mountain on the left. You didn't ask for input, but there's my 2 cents. Regardless, you've captured a beautiful place and I am glad you shared it.

Lauren

Lauren
    Thank you very much and I welcome all input on the pictures. Been an off and on hobby of mine for years and trying to learn more and get better at it. So keep your input coming - I really appreciate it
    Spence
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Lovely setting Spence. I second what Laura said. One way to keep sky from getting hot like this is to invest in grad filter. Bit more of water or suggested crop would definitely be awesome!
    keep em coming!
    Cheers!

Thanks Taz - I sincerely appreciate the feedback. Trying to get better....
    Best Regards
    Spence