Backwaters

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited April 27, 2016 in Landscapes
A Few more from our backwater float:

Entering a curve with trees as a canopy:

TNF%20Horseshoe%20L_16-02-12_48-XL.jpg

It was pretty dark under the trees so I tried to help the photo with a bit of processing. Being in a canoe didn't help; It was difficult for me ...

swamp%20lagoon%20%281%20of%201%29-XL.jpg

Exit

TNF%20Horseshoe%20L_16-02-12_49-Edit-1-XL.jpg

TNF%20Horseshoe%20L_16-02-12_47-XL.jpg

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2016
    Very interesting and appealing, Eia. There's an almost surreal look.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited April 21, 2016
    The first image is my favorite, almost has an otherworldly feel to it.

--- Denise
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2016
    Wow! They are all wonderful! I get a feeling of serenity and sense of beauty from all of them!
    I could rank them technically but I won't be able to rank them based on emotions because they all move me!
    Cheers!
  • siberianrunnersiberianrunner Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2016
    I like the way you composed these shots. The water, reflections in the foreground, the softness of the trees in bushes backed with the hard rock make for an interesting landscape. Is this in Arizona?
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2016
    A very nice set. I really like the 1st image, great color and textures.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2016
    The first one Eia is wonderfully dreamy. Love the colors and textures. Maybe check the level? Looks like it dips slightly to the right.
    Best, -Len
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2016
    Nice set, Eia. Those rock cliffs in the first and third shot are really interesting. Good work.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2016
    These are gorgeous, thanks for sharing! I like the dark/moody look of #2. It's more realistic than an HDR version might offer.

If you don't mind my asking, what body of water were you on? I've been on only one Arizona river, and loved it. Would love to check out others.
  • joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2016
    Your 4th shot is lovely.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2016
    I like the way you composed these shots. The water, reflections in the foreground, the softness of the trees in bushes backed with the hard rock make for an interesting landscape. Is this in Arizona?

If you don't mind my asking, what body of water were you on? I've been on only one Arizona river, and loved it. Would love to check out others.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Everyone for your kind remarks and suggestion. Yes; this is in AZ near Bartlett Lk in Tonto NF. It is actually just before the river starts. It is barely flowing now and only once in awhile is it like this when they let the water back up. Only accessible by boat and no motor at that - depending how far you go.