Thomas Telfords Menai Bridge, North Wales.

Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited April 14, 2016 in Landscapes
DSC_0576-X2.jpg

DSC_0502-X2.jpg

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2016
    I saw this at work and wanted to see it at home monitor....
    The light in first one is wonderful!
    Busy but beautiful! So much for eye to investigate! I like the house that is right under the bridge!
    Blue hour shot is nice too, but I really love the first one!
    Cheers!
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2016
    Wow!! These are spectacular shots!!! Like Taz, I'm partial to image #1, but I'll tell ya', you really nailed it with the blue hour shot too. The warmth of the bridge serves as a reminder that without each other, we're destined for cold dreary times.
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2016
    Both are really nice images thumb.gifthumb. I like the mood of the first image with those brooding clouds. The twilight images is well done and I like the way the arches are highlighted. My only nit is, I would like to see 2nd image captured maybe a few minutes earlier so the artificial and natural light were just a bit more balanced.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2016
    I think the first one has a flat look and I love it! It works. Lots to look at. The white house under the bridge draws my eye but so what - it is what it is. Over all a beautiful place to show off! The second one gives a big other feel. Beautiful and warm and invigorating at the same time. the reflections are awesome
  • Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2016
    Thanks all. Shots were happy accidents. Intention was a sunrise shot of of the bridge, colourful sky and alpine glow on the snow capped mountains - yeah, that didn't happen thanks to an unforecasted blanket of cloud. Thankfully something happened with the sky. Bit of processing required though.

Will return for a blue hour shot again, when there's a high tide, which should help declutter the foreground and simplify the shot.
  • Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2016
    cheers Phil, I'll re-visit this one in Lightroom. I was there from dark, through the blue hour into sunrise, so I should have a darker blue sky. I probably extended the exposure to capture detail in the mountains.
    Thanks for the advice!
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2016
    cheers Phil, I'll re-visit this one in Lightroom. I was there from dark, through the blue hour into sunrise, so I should have a darker blue sky. I probably extended the exposure to capture detail in the mountains.
    Thanks for the advice!

I assumed that this was shot in the evening twilight. My personal preference would be for the darkness to be a tad lighter, this would allow the viewer to get the benefit of the artificial lighting and a bit more detail in the surrounding area.

Still I like both images overall.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!