edited November 18, 2014 in Landscapes
Took these a few days ago at the pond down the street

15768265061_59c3f7e8bf_b.jpg
15771694242_4e4f8fb5ff_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2014
    vind de compositie niet zo geslaagd en mis bij de eerste symmetrie.
    grt,boco.
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2014
    Well – by no means am I the expert but it helps me to study the photo and find out what is right and what is wrong. Will learn from other comments too!

I think the idea is here; patterns and lines.
    On the first one I see a bit of tilt, not as even with horizon.
    Check the white balance and shadows, a bit more contrast.
    Maybe cropping it to bring it more toward the face?
    Bring out the clouds a bit more.
    Make the wood a bit more ‘gritty’ or grainy or just a bit of 'punch'?
    Convert to b/w
    Same with second.
    You could have fun with these!

:D
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2014
    #1 - Looking at the horizontal section of the dock it looks like your horizon is correct but since you were not centered in the walkway (see top railing left and right) and the hills sloping in the back- the image has a x-cross tilt feel to it.
    The colors and contrast are pretty bland so there is not much that grabs your attention. If you look at abstract and architectural photography contrast is huge aspect. Landscapes it is about motion or sweet light - you dont have any of these factors going on. Try converting to bw and playing with contrast.

#2 - If you are trying to sell the fake wood decking this might be a usable photo but otherwise not so much. It is very centered (left to right and top to bottom) and lacking any real interesting feature.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    catcher33catcher33 Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 15, 2014
    anwmn1 wrote: »
    #1 - Looking at the horizontal section of the dock it looks like your horizon is correct but since you were not centered in the walkway (see top railing left and right) and the hills sloping in the back- the image has a x-cross tilt feel to it.
    The colors and contrast are pretty bland so there is not much that grabs your attention. If you look at abstract and architectural photography contrast is huge aspect. Landscapes it is about motion or sweet light - you dont have any of these factors going on. Try converting to bw and playing with contrast.

#2 - If you are trying to sell the fake wood decking this might be a usable photo but otherwise not so much. It is very centered (left to right and top to bottom) and lacking any real interesting feature.

i do agree with you -- the only thing interesting at this spot is the deck
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2014
    I think the first picture is the exercise (which way is the broken piece leaning? Is it just shorter at the end? What's going on? Although if it were leaning out, it should be lit...)

The second picture is the explaination.

I might be WAY off though.

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr