Options

The Canyon : Morning After a Snow

Colorado CJColorado CJ Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited November 17, 2014 in Landscapes
Its been about a month since I shot with my large format camera, so this morning, I headed up the local canyon for some early morning photography.

We had some snow yesterday and it was a cold 2° F this morning. This was my first time using my large format camera in such cold conditions, which made for some not so easy photography. I've had my eyepiece on my DSLR fog up occasionally, but when using a ground glass for composing/focusing, it is a whole other matter.

That and a frozen tripod made it a little harder than normal for shooting. My shutter also didn't like the cold temperatures. I could only use down to 1/8 sec. shutter, the slower settings were too slow because of the cold.

I'll be removing the lubricant from my large format shutters and finding a better method for keeping my ground glass free of ice before I head back out with it.

Anyway, here is one of the photos I shot today. Shot with a Zone VI 4x5 large format camera on Fomapan 200 using a Nikon SW 180mm F5.6 lens. Shot through a 25A Gel filter and processed using HC-110 Dilution H at 8.5 minutes.

15620874118_bff70ec7b6_o.jpgBig Thompson Canyon 16 Nov 2014 1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Comments