Spring Football

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited May 28, 2008 in Sports
Thanks to all for helping me improve my technique. Some Spring Football shots:

[

Comments welcomed.

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2008
    Great shots and action. They are very sharp. One criticism would be your cropping on the first two. Since the legs and feet are cropped anyway, keep cropping.

The first one, crop to just the tailback and tackler, and then crop just below the elbow of the tackler. It will emphasis the faces.

Second one, make it a torso shot and crop to maybe just above the knee pad.
  • bikingbetsbikingbets Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    I like these. jonh has good ideas about the cropping. #2 will be tremendous if you crop. thumb.gif

Betsy
    Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM , 580EX ll
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    Thanks for the comments. Better?

301779134_KEWKQ-L.jpg

301779213_9UVrd-L.jpg

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    The first one is better. If the second one can handle it, I would crop further. Like I said, just focus on the tackler and runner. You have limbs from other players sticking out. Crop to under the arms of the tackler and just behind his shoulder pads or even helmet to remove the players on the right.

For the runner, crop just past his right hand which would remove the leg on the bottom left. To me it looks a little awkward to show half is calf but no feet. Crop just above the kneepad and below the tacklers arm.

You want to isolate as much as possible, and your picture affords you do that. When you don't have anything interesting going on away from the action, it's best to cut it out. If you get a good face or the player is part of the play like you had somebody coming up to help the tackler, it's OK and you sell pictures. However, you just have limbs sticking out so just crop tight on the main focus.
  • zack75144zack75144 Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2008
    If number 2 was my son, you could name your price and I'd buy it. SUPER SHOT! (I do like the cropped version better)
    Zack www.zackjonesphotography.net
    EOS 7D, Zeiss 50mm f/1.4, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 200mm f/2.8L II, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 1.4 Ext II, 430EX, ST-E2, Tamrac Velocity 10X & Expeditioner 7 Bags.