Options

another lawyer

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited July 8, 2016 in People
Been a while since my last post in here, so here's my latest business portrait...

5D3_9510-X2.jpg

I know, the tie isn't perfect, but this is the one he liked best - even better than the version where I cropped above where the tie goes wrong. He prepared me by saying he's not good at smiling for cameras, so I had to catch him in the tail end of a laugh. Indeed this ONE shot was his most genuine look.

Thanks for looking!
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 7, 2016
    You captured his personality well. Lighting is great. Not wild about the shelf going right through the middle of his head. A crop would eliminate that limp-wristed hand that ain't doing him any favors.
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2016
    Thanks. Light is a Canon speedlight in a 16" softbox. The shelf isn't ideal but it's the best scene I have to work with at this office. Also, the firm has some older photos taken with this background by a different photographer that they like and are still using, and they wanted to stick with this theme. He preferred the uncropped version. I don't have a problem with the wrist, I think it looks relaxed, but maybe it's a social cue I'm missing. His arm is resting on his thigh. I think my biggest complaint is the vertical bookshelf frame growing out of his head - I had been trying to avoid that, but I acted quickly to grab this smile, and there it is. Frame notwithstanding, it's still the best shot of the session.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.