Category last updated time not updating

krobertsonkrobertson Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 30, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

I had noticed something today after I uploaded some Christmas photos a few days ago. I have a "Family" category with several galleries underneath it. If you look at my front page:

http://krobertson.smugmug.com/

It says the Family category was last updated December 11th, however if you go into the category, you'll see the Christmas 2007 gallery which was updated December 27th.

Oddly, I also have a "Telligent" category at the top level for work-related photos. It shows updated December 27th, so it updated properly when I added photos the other day.

In both cases, the photos were uploaded using the iPhoto plugin called SmugMugExport. The galleries were created by SmugMugExport and then the photos uploaded. The only difference between the two cases was that I edited the photo descriptions afte uploaded, so my guess is the ones in the Telligent category show the proper updated date because I edited their titles, but I didn't for the Family photos, so it shows the old updated date.

Anyone else seen this before? Is it something I can resolve on my end, or something that might need to be addressed server side?

Thanks,
Ken Robertson

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited December 29, 2007
    I could be wrong, but I suspect that the last updated shown on the categories screen is for the first gallery in that category.

I found this thread - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=55804 - which seems to confirm this behavior. I don't know if this is deliberate, but it does seem to be the way it is currently working.

If you arrange your galleries by most recent then the last updated gallery would be first in the category, and the date would be what you expect.

--- Denise
  • krobertsonkrobertson Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2007
    Thanks! It does seem to base it on the first album. I changed the sort order and it shows up properly. A little odd, but working ok now.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    I could be wrong, but I suspect that the last updated shown on the categories screen is for the first gallery in that category.
    You are not wrong thumb.gif

The time is indeed the time of the first gallery in that category. We are aware of this, but have not had the time to fix it, I'm sorry.