Options

Hotel Photoshoot

jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
edited February 27, 2015 in People
Suzie felt nauseated during the shoot but wanted to keep going even though I tried to talk her out of it. Most have just basic edit of exposure and cropping. These were shot in the lobby area of a local hotel.

p56907752-5.jpg

p369672941-5.jpg

p247992091-5.jpg

p212061846-5.jpg

p511450387-5.jpg

p378899439-5.jpg

p143855998-5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited February 23, 2015
    All nice images.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2015
    Is shooting in a venue such as this as easy as talking with the manager for permission and let them know what gear you'll have? Always wondered about public spaces and how to do it inside as you have done.....
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2015
    This was the third time I shot there. First time I shot there the model asked for permission. They let us shoot around no problem. This time I didn't ask but the staff saw us shooting and didn't say anything. We were shooting during the day on a weekday so there wasn't much going on.
    M38A1 wrote: »
    Is shooting in a venue such as this as easy as talking with the manager for permission and let them know what gear you'll have? Always wondered about public spaces and how to do it inside as you have done.....
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2015
    Thank you for the reply....

There's some pretty nice places to shoot around here. I might just have to muster the courage to ask and give it a whirl!
  • Options
    michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2015
    Solid set! I'm really diggin 6 thumb.gif

As for shooting at open venue places, it's hit or miss. Some places will let you shoot for free..others will try to charge you. I usually just call and ask. The more legit you sound, the better the outcome IMO :D
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2015
    Thanks! It is hit or miss. Best to learn the policy of the venue ahead of time, especially if it is paid work. This shoot we were just having fun and it was a test for me as I have an upcoming wedding that will take place in a similar venue. Still, you need to know how accommodating the place is to photography ahead of time.
    Solid set! I'm really diggin 6 thumb.gif

As for shooting at open venue places, it's hit or miss. Some places will let you shoot for free..others will try to charge you. I usually just call and ask. The more legit you sound, the better the outcome IMO :D
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2015
    Nice set, nice light. The WB in 3 seems a bit off towards green, 4 has better WB to my eye.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2015
    Nice set, nice light. The WB in 3 seems a bit off towards green, 4 has better WB to my eye.

Thanks, you are probably right on WB, I'm colorblind so can't tell. Auto WB had different color tones on the close ups and the full body shots so I adjusted as best I could.
  • Options
    Aleksandar VasicAleksandar Vasic Registered Users Posts: 334 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2015
    Very very nice:):)