Options

My year so far

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited February 16, 2015 in People
Its been a busy year for me and I just wanted to share some of my stuff to see what you all thought!

DSC_7890edlogo_zps1d6d9ed6.jpg
DSC_4037edbwlogo_zpsec4ff436.jpg
_DSC3948edbwlogo_zps8d51814f.jpg
DSC_1568ed_zps97f94fbc.jpg
_DSC0858edlogo_zps08174025.jpg
_DSC0176_7_8_9_tonemappedededlogo_zps102266e2.jpg
_DSC0088edlogo_zps1a8ce2b5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited September 24, 2014
    Number 6! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    nice collection
    #1 I would have cropped a bit more as I find their pose very nice and attractive and they have some very positive energy that would reach me easier if it was cropped bit more
    #5 mans mouth is not there. I see that you like keeping people at a distance but then perhaps the lighting hitting them looks a bit like a flash on the ground. I guess we want to have this avoided
    #6 is very very good. Still this might be only my perception, I see parts of his chicks as burned or too much flash there. Otherwise very nice
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    You can always find nits with something if you want to but I sure don't want to. These are very, very nice.
  • Options
    kdog wrote: »
    Number 6! bowdown.gif
    Thanks! That was actually my first go at trying the "Joel Grimes" look.
  • Options
    alaios wrote: »
    nice collection
    #1 I would have cropped a bit more as I find their pose very nice and attractive and they have some very positive energy that would reach me easier if it was cropped bit more
    #5 mans mouth is not there. I see that you like keeping people at a distance but then perhaps the lighting hitting them looks a bit like a flash on the ground. I guess we want to have this avoided
    #6 is very very good. Still this might be only my perception, I see parts of his chicks as burned or too much flash there. Otherwise very nice

Thanks for your feedback! For #1 I meant to give it some distance to tell the story. The tighter I crop the more I lose. Same thing with the crop on #5. That was actually lit by an Einstein through a an 86" PLM and unfortunately they couldnt move much so I got what I got. I totally agree with you on #6. That was my first time using lights as rim with a BD as the main and didnt check to see if I was blowing highlights
  • Options
    Hackbone wrote: »
    You can always find nits with something if you want to but I sure don't want to. These are very, very nice.

Thanks Chuck! Coming from you means a lot! For some reason the colors look muted here and its really irritating...I guess it time to invest in a higher quality monitor
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    Really, really nice...you should be very pleased with your year.clap.gif
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2014
    Hackbone wrote: »
    That is true. I thought that my amateur eyes are useful when they provide though what they see. At the end is not that useful? Especially when I know that when I push the "pros" I am gonna get something that I did not know :)

A
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2014
    These are all oustanding. Just.... clap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2015
    thanks divamum! It has been a year of trying to push myself and I am loving the way my work is turning out!
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2015
    thanks divamum! It has been a year of trying to push myself and I am loving the way my work is turning out!
    what do I think? I think they are wonderfulclap.gif
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2015
    thumb.gif All are so good. But #4 and 7 really stand out. Love the whimsy of #7.
  • Options
    Aleksandar VasicAleksandar Vasic Registered Users Posts: 334 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2015
    Loveeeeeeee:):):):)
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2015