edited April 22, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
For Tom...

Quiet%20Decay-X2.jpg
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2014
    Well, Eric, that's a friendly gesture for sure. For someone like me, this scene is sure to raise the pulse rate.

It really is a wonderful old structure in a very intriguing setting. More importantly, you have certainly excelled in your capture and presentation of this image.thumb.gif I'd be mighty proud to have this shot in my own portfolio.

Thanks, my friend,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2014
    You got game my friend! Like I said, if you see it, you don't miss it! Only skillz make this simple scene something beautiful!clap.gif
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2014
    Intriguing scene nicely captured thumb.gif

The little "barn" on wheels with a cupola has my curiosity spiked ne_nau.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2014
    Well, Eric, that's a friendly gesture for sure. For someone like me, this scene is sure to raise the pulse rate.

It really is a wonderful old structure in a very intriguing setting. More importantly, you have certainly excelled in your capture and presentation of this image.thumb.gif I'd be mighty proud to have this shot in my own portfolio.

Thanks, my friend,

Tom
    Thanks, and it's my pleasure Tom - your enthusiasm for this type of subject now has me on the look-out for such.
    This one is rather plain - likely just a hay barn - but the setting was kinda' cool and the rust on the roof was a nice element.

The location is Elkhorn Slough on the outskirts of Moss Landing, CA. 5 miles of marching the trails and I had the intention of
    shooting any and all of the birds and marine mammals that typically inhabit the area... but, the critters conspired against me and took the day off from posing for tourists - drats!

So, plan "B" is do a little landscape photography, right? Well, I was having what I call a *stupid day* and found that I had not brought any
    other lens than the 100-400mm (+ 1.4 TC) on the hike out from the visitor center - and I could not force myself back up the hill to get one.
    So, we make-do with what we've got and I found that the 100-400mm does pretty well when pressed into service.

Cheers!
    Eric
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    You got game my friend! Like I said, if you see it, you don't miss it! Only skillz make this simple scene something beautiful!clap.gif

Thanks much sir!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2014
    rwells wrote: »
    Intriguing scene nicely captured thumb.gif

The little "barn" on wheels with a cupola has my curiosity spiked ne_nau.gif
    Appreciate the look and the like Randy - thanks!

I was curious about the little one too... it looks like a "gypsy" wagon to me, and I should have asked
    about it at the visitor center - but, I was having one of my all-too-often *stupid days*...oh well. :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2014
    Nice image but gee... kinda sad even for those rust junkies.
    The little building reminds me of a baby carriage -- as if they are getting ready to leave for ??? but yet they could not make it.

A window through time....
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2014
    Nice capture, the scene definitely has an air of melancholy.

Like the rest I am intrigued by the little barn on wheels. Maybe worth a closer look?
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2014
    Eia wrote: »
    Nice image but gee... kinda sad even for those rust junkies.
    The little building reminds me of a baby carriage -- as if they are getting ready to leave for ??? but yet they could not make it.

A window through time....
    Juano wrote: »
    Nice capture, the scene definitely has an air of melancholy.

Like the rest I am intrigued by the little barn on wheels. Maybe worth a closer look?

Hey guys,
    Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts... to evoke a reaction in the viewer is something I think we all aim for.
    I was at first dismayed by the gloomy weather that day, but in the case of this image, it seems to have
    successfully contributed to the mood and complements the scene of quiet decay.

We traveled far to the north last week and found this along the way, so, perhaps I can contact someone at the Slough
    to enlighten us about the wagon... or not - sometimes mystery and imagination are their own reward.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2014
    Great shot, Eric--and definitely thought-provoking. I always wonder about the people and animals who used these barns.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2014
    redleash wrote: »
    Great shot, Eric--and definitely thought-provoking. I always wonder about the people and animals who used these barns.

Lauren - Howdy!! Great to hear from you!!
    Thanks for commenting - it's nice to get your thoughts too... I know you know about things rural.
    Hope you're getting-in some shots these days, and please don't be a stranger around here!
    Eric ~ Smugmug