Options

customized color gallery for client

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited March 17, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hi there,
I have my web site and I wanted to ask if I can have specific templates when sharing with my clients their galleries and not just my default template (I have the lower cost subscription that allowed me to design my page as I needed to)

Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited March 16, 2016
    Yep -- all you need to do on a gallery is go to "Customize" and then choose "Gallery Theme". You can choose a theme that will apply only to that specific gallery. Additionally, a less robust way is to go to Customize -> Content and Design. On the right panel, under 'All Galleries" select "Just this Gallery". Then on the theme tab you can choose a different theme.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2016
    great thanks. Is it also possible to share the same gallery with the same different template twice? First time with the link of my website being visible and the second time with hiding owner ?
    Alex
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    edited March 17, 2016
    alaios wrote: »
    Is it also possible to share the same gallery with the same different template twice? First time with the link of my website being visible and the second time with hiding owner ?
    Alex
    A single gallery can't be set to both public and hide owner. And if you set the gallery to hide owner you will lose all of your customizations.

For details on hide owner behavior, see Can I hide the account owner information for a gallery?

If you want a copy of a gallery with hide owner set plus a gallery that shows your customizations, have you considered creating a second gallery and setting up a smart rule to pull all of the photos from the original gallery?
    • create your orignal gallery and load photos
    • create a second gallery, probably unlisted, and set a smart rule to grab the photos from the first gallery
    • set the second gallery to hide owner
    • use the second gallery's URL for situations where you don't want a link to your site to be available

--- Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2016
    Doesn't a Private gallery revert to all default settings, including default theme?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    edited March 17, 2016
    Allen wrote: »
    Doesn't a Private gallery revert to all default settings, including default theme?
    I don't know - but private galleries are only available to the owner.

A gallery set to hide owner removes all customizations.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2016
    Oops, I meant "hide owner" not private.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog