Photos not showing in iOS app

rbh317rbh317 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited March 22, 2016 in SmugMug Support
I am having some very strange behavior with the iOS app, on both iPad and iPhone6.
I have some photos which will not display within the app. They have displayed in the past, but no longer. Some relevant details:
1. I'm not sure when they stopped displaying. It may have coincided with an app upgrade, but I've just found the problem over the past few days.
2. The photos display fine in the Smugmug browser
3. They display fine in 3rd party iOS apps, e.g. iSsmug
4. In the main Smugmug app gallery view they appear as black squares, either with an image icon (i.e. the grey mountain) or just empty.
5. If I try deleting the cache, the app, etc., it doesn't help
6. Tried deleting the folder and recreating - no joy
7. Did a collect on one of the photos to see if a link approach would work, but no success.

What could be going on?
Thanks for any thoughts!

Comments

• JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 22, 2016
    Hello rbh317, could you include a link to the gallery(s) that are missing images and also an indication as to which of the images in the gallery are not showing up in the app. With the information we will take a look for you.

Standing by...
    Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • rbh317rbh317 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2016
    Link
    Hello there. Many thanks for the quick response:

The following should work:

https://bertsdisco.smugmug.com/Galleries/Family/201503-Night-Sky

pw: smugmug

There are nine photos in the gallery. All show up in the browser, but only four show up in the iOS app.

One which doesn't show is: DSC00199.jpg
    One which shows is: DSC00572.jpg

Hope that helps. Thanks again!
    - Rob.
  • JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 22, 2016
    Hello Rob,

Thank you for the gallery link, however the password does not work for the overarching Folder the gallery is sitting in. Rather than expose your password, write to us at help@smugmug.com and give the details from this post in an email and we will continue to look into this for you.

Standing by...
    Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero