Options

LR Plugin feature image from not-published

FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
edited June 23, 2016 in Bug Reporting
In the past, the LR plugin had a neat feature that you could select the feature image (the one that appeared in collage landscape as the gallery image in the parent folder), and you could select it from either the published, or not yet published photos. For a big publish run, it was nice as you could get it selected (as well as any other gallery editing) while the photos upload.

I just installed 3.0.8.0 and see it is gone (I cannot swear whether it went in that version or a prior as I have not done big galleries lately).

Is that a new "feature", or bug?

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited June 19, 2016
    I'm seeing that you can only select the Feature Image from photos that are already on SM. From a technical end, I'm surprised we let you set it before the photo was uploaded, though I certainly might want to be able to set it before the photo gets uploaded. I'll check with David. I imagine something changed when we updated it to support Cover Image.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2016
    It's not a big deal really, but it was handy -- you could pretty much stage everything and leave it running (I have a fast connection and it still takes a while). If it needed to go, fine; if it was an accident however, it seemed worth mentioning.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 20, 2016
    Hey Linwood,

Back when I implemented the Cover Image stuff, I was trying really hard to keep that functionality...but there was something (can't remember off the top of my head) that made it really complex because Feature and Cover image are sharing the same code base.

I'll put it back on the list of stuff to look at.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2016
    I wouldn't put it at the top of your list if it's hard. Lots of other stuff you could add, and in your spare time go around lobbying for "replaced photos update all metadata like they should"!!!
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 23, 2016
    Ferguson wrote: »
    in your spare time go around lobbying for "replaced photos update all metadata like they should"!!!

haha, I've been lobbying for this change, long before it was on the dgrin radar.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos