Options

New Logo Design

lisasolonynkolisasolonynko Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited February 1, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi All,

I was originally posting this on another thread, but I thought it would be more appropriate to go in this one. I received some very helpful feedback and I think I am getting closer to finding a design that I can stick with. Getting the logo finalized with help me get to work on a new design for business card, website, etc.

I would really appreciate any additional feedback so that I can finally made a choice.

Note: I noticed that my "initials" in #2 are not in the background (you can see it over top of my surname layer...I will fix that.)

771456913_jDWsq-L.jpg

772072656_Twbro-L.jpg

3. And something different...

774005765_meWVv-L.jpg

They all come out fine on black or white bkgrd. The sunburst also looks fine in greyscale.

Your input is hugely appreciated.

Lisa

Comments

• Options
    digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Hi I would like #1 more if the slinky was removed at the top and that line simply just went straight across and was closer to the type.

And for #3 I really like that one, I think that would look nice on a white business card, not a shiny white business card but one of those papers that are nice dull looking papers, sorry I cant remember what type of paper it is but kind of looks and feels like a hard cloth material.

But out of the three #3 is my favorite.
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Options
    PhotosbyKWPhotosbyKW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Hi All,

I was originally posting this on another thread, but I thought it would be more appropriate to go in this one. I received some very helpful feedback and I think I am getting closer to finding a design that I can stick with. Getting the logo finalized with help me get to work on a new design for business card, website, etc.

I would really appreciate any additional feedback so that I can finally made a choice.

Note: I noticed that my "initials" in #2 are not in the background (you can see it over top of my surname layer...I will fix that.)

771456913_jDWsq-L.jpg

772072656_Twbro-L.jpg

3. And something different...

774005765_meWVv-L.jpg

They all come out fine on black or white bkgrd. The sunburst also looks fine in greyscale.

Your input is hugely appreciated.

Lisa

I actually like Number 1, with the slinky, but might tone it down a little so that the letters were a shade or two brighter.
    Consistantly Inconsistant.

www.PhotosbyKW.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    #1 for sure, but not sure about the 'slinky' graphic. It has an industrial feel to it. If that's your market, then great, but if not you might want to refine the concept a bit. Maybe an abstract partial sunburst? Something similar to #3?
  • Options
    lisasolonynkolisasolonynko Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    #1 for sure, but not sure about the 'slinky' graphic. It has an industrial feel to it. If that's your market, then great, but if not you might want to refine the concept a bit. Maybe an abstract partial sunburst? Something similar to #3?
    Thanks for all of the feedback so far. It is wonderful!

How about something like this?:

774207312_EjHQi-L.jpg

Thanks again to everyone taking the time to help me out here.

Lisa
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Thanks for all of the feedback so far. It is wonderful!

How about something like this?:

774207312_EjHQi-L.jpg

Thanks again to everyone taking the time to help me out here.

Lisa

Yep! Not sure about the gradient sun graphic behind your name though. It may not work with other medias (embroided shirts, banners etc.)
  • Options
    orljustinorljustin Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2010
    Those two fonts definitely do not work together. Also, the sun has too many elements, and the gradient won't reproduce well.
  • Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    Heloo again, Lisa.

I really like the script font you used in #3, and Digitalpins is right, it will look good on a matte white business card. But the graphic being centered somehow doesn't look right to me; try it off-center a few ways and see if it looks better.

I like #4, as well, but the same comment from above applies - un-center the graphic. You might also try simply making a b/w version of #3, using the same script font, in white, for your name.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    Daddy0Daddy0 Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2010
    My vote would be for the 4th option. It would look great embroidered, just depends on what colors you used. If I may ask, are you designing these logos yourself, and if so, what program are you using to do these with? I have a couple of different companies that I would like to update logos for.

Thanks and good luck!!thumb.gif
    Jimmie D.
    www.focusedonyourmemories.com

What you see depends on what you're looking for.